Chevening Scholarship essay; A true leader identifies community problems and initiate solutions

I'm applying for the Chevening Scholarship this year, this is the draft of my essay
kindly, share your valuable feedback . Thanks in advance.

1. Leadership and Influencing skills:

Chevening is looking for individuals that will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries.
Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your own leadership and influencing skills to support your answer.

To me, leadership is the ability to be empathetic, identifying community problems and initiating solutions, these are the traits which define me as a diligent and compassionate leader.

While being enrolled in Software Engineering, as a senior I was looking for an outstanding, innovative idea with significant impact on society for my Final Year Project. Therefore, all the problems in the society became the centre of my attention and I came across the ineffectiveness of Pakistan's judiciary system where people accused of a crime have to wait for a considerably long period for their judgment. Hence, I came up with a digital proposal to make an android based mobile application for assisting lawyers in order to help them resolve alleged criminals case more efficiently.

However, intending to grasp lawyers attention I was looking for a bigger platform. Right after my graduation, I saw my first opportunity in the form of BBIEC (BUITEMS Business Incubation Centre) start-up competition at my parent university. I convinced 5 of my batch fellows and together as a team transformed my final year project into business orientated setup. Where we faced some financial problems, but I didn't give up and in pursuance of investors we participated in Shepherd's pie jump start-up Pakistan, A national-level competition leading to international competitors and investors, my start-up conquered the day and earned the title of the first winning team from my province. We have already seen the fruits of our teamwork by winning the competition at the provisional level.

Due to the lack of resources we couldn't make it to the semi-final and decided to sell out the start-up as the great leaders put themselves second for the benefit of the society.

Later on, I joined the National Internship Program (NIP), a paid internship which further provided me with a golden opportunity to work at BUITEMS Software Department, where I managed office work, delivered lectures and came across students with financial problems. I was motivated to help them so I gave the idea of a fundraiser to my head and with their help, I managed to set up a coffee shop in a spring festival which helped many pupils and inspired them to help others along the way.

These experiences gave me the taste of vital roles such as leadership, planning, management and interpersonal skills.
to recapitulate, Chevening Scholarship will help me expand my leadership skills, capabilities and network to contribute to the betterment of society through IT.
ObedRockson 1 / 3 1  
Hello @The entrepreneur, I hope this comments help you a lot. I have gone through you statement, your experiences are very good, however you should put it well, to structure your content properly.

Also, the definition you gave for yourself at the introduction does not really come alive if you read the message and put a lot of work into how you wrote your experiences, in the sense that you being the leader of a team seeking to help your society not to do something for lawyers attention please, so re-do it well....

lastly, arrange your paragraphing well.
OP The entreprenuer 1 / 1  
@ObedRockson thank you for your valuable feedback ..

I'll try my best to restructure and make it much better than before.

Home / Scholarship / Chevening Scholarship essay; A true leader identifies community problems and initiate solutions