Computer Science Degree - Stepindium Hanguricum Scholarship for applying to CS BSc

MoBassem 1 / -  
please I need advice from you, I am 20 years old currently enrolled in my second year in a Bachelor of computer science in my home country but I want to have a better education so what are your suggestions about this motivation letter and should I mention my current enrollment in the application and in the motivation letter as they are not asking for that and no age restrictions known that my GPA is not relatively high as I am currently focusing more on my self-study courses that I think they are more up to date and efficient than my university ones , and I plan to submit similar ones for other scholarships and as the Stepindium deadline has passed did I write it good enough to be considered. (known that I chose these two universities as priorities to have more chance and the two scientists I mentioned had significant roles in the two universities)

15/01/24
Dear Selection Committee,

I'm thrilled to apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum program for a Bachelor of Computer Science Degree, inspired by Hungary's computer innovation legacy. Notably, John von Neumann's visionary work on von Neumann architecture and Prof. László Kozma's pioneering role in telecommunications and computing drive my enthusiasm.

In prep school, my global warming simulation project using Scratch, a programming language, sparked my love for technology. When I finished high school in Egypt in 2022, I got an 84% score, putting me in the top 15% nationwide. This success strengthened my commitment to academic excellence and became a crucial moment that shaped my life.

Beyond formal education, I refined my programming skills on platforms like ProgrammingAdvices, delving into algorithms, database administration, and languages such as Java and C#. Hands-on projects, like a car rental management system and a voting system, demonstrated practical applications. In Codeforces, solving a thousand problems in C++ enhanced my coding proficiency and problem-solving mindset.

These experiences, coupled with my involvement in the 'Be a Leader' program and my current role as a volunteer data entry operator, have refined my personal and leadership skills, sharpened my practical abilities, and fostered a commitment to aiding others.

Selecting Budapest for my computer science journey aligns with my professional goals. The city's vibrant tech community, cost-effective living, and multicultural charm, along with collaborations with industry leaders like Bosch and Deutsche Telekom, provide valuable opportunities. Participation in events like JunctionX and coding competitions will enhance my skills and broaden my professional network. Internship opportunities, such as at Nokia Solutions and Networks Kft., contribute significantly to bridging theory and practical applications. This choice sets the stage for a fulfilling computer science career.

I'm excited to apply to ELTE for its globally recognized Computer Science degree, which aligns perfectly with my career goals. ELTE's diverse student body and research opportunities, along with courses in AI and Fundamentals of Theory of Computation, make it an ideal choice.

Furthermore, BME's Computer Science Engineering BSc program, including courses like Computer Graphics and Automated Software Engineering, is noteworthy. BME stands out for its emphasis on combining theory with hands-on experience. The program's focus on real-world application in the industry, research opportunities, and highly regarded faculty make it an ideal match for me. I plan to specialize in software development during my BSc at BME.

in response to Egypt's current economic challenges exacerbated by currency devaluation and global conflicts, I plan to pursue a master's in artificial intelligence post-graduation. My goal is to leverage advanced AI tools to address economic issues and contribute to the improvement of Egypt's financial sector. This strategic progression aligns with the need for innovative solutions, emphasizing the role of AI in mitigating the impact of economic crises and fostering long-term stability.

Acknowledging potential challenges such as homesickness and language barriers while studying abroad, I intend to leverage my engagement with AIESEC, a global platform for young leaders, to enhance my leadership and cross-cultural skills. Proficient in English (IELTS 6), French, and currently learning Hungarian, I am well-prepared for effective interaction with the local community, facilitating seamless integration during my studies in Budapest.

In summary, ELTE and BME offer an ideal environment for my academic and professional growth. My unique background, successful educational experience, and commitment to advancing technology in Egypt make me a competitive applicant. I look forward to contributing to and learning from these prestigious programs.
A motivation letter should not contain any references to your high school studies or your position upon high school graduation. Your motivation should be concerned with your career path. What is your career goal beyond academics? Is this the reason you chose to study in Hungary? How will the university help you achieve that? What inspiration did you get from the professors you mentioned? There is no need to discuss your future academic goals in the motivation letter. It is too premature to do so. You just need to stick to the immediate future, the goal of starting your post undergraduate career. There are aspects of this essay that may not be considered by the committee, since they will see in your academic records that you are no longer a fresh High School graduate.

Home / Scholarship / Computer Science Degree - Stepindium Hanguricum Scholarship for applying to CS BSc