CSC Development impact statement, How your proposed study relates to development issues

Famous125 2 / 5 1  

How your proposed study relates to development issues

It's obvious Nigeria suffer gross housing deficit in comparison to her yearly increase in population. According to united nation statistics (2021), Nigeria has a population of over 200million people. Housing deficit has become a serious challenge in Nigeria. As many Nigerians has been left with the choice of leaving in the street due to poor housing policy, construction and lack of engineering principles on housing projects. This is not just the error of private individual and developers alone but also by government who engage quacks ( non professionals) to take up decision on housing scheme projects and constructions. Collapse of buildings in Nigeria is not far from this errors. Which has consequently, spike increase in Nigeria housing deficit figures. In 2012, the united nations estimated Nigeria housing deficit to be 17million homes. And in 2021,the statistics has increased to 22million homes. That is, in 9-10 years Nigeria housing deficit increased by 5million homes. Now, my fear is in the next 9-10 years and painfully, only the poor and lower class citizens suffers this chronic housing shortage in Nigeria.

It is this consciousness, that I have been motivated to undertake an MSc. Construction project management from University of West England, Bristol to be in the right position to influence better decisions in construction,housing sectors in Nigeria through a robust knowledge gain in UWE and UK in general. I believe my desire to advocate for quality,accessible and affordable building/housing will be a success.
The first thing you have to do is edit this from 247 words to the maximum of 200 words or less. You do not have to discuss too much. You just have to discuss enough to respond to the question. Anywhere from 150-175 words is acceptable, with 200 being the most. Write more than that and the online form may reject your text and you may not have enough time allowance in the system to edit directly on the screen at that point. Edit offline just to be sure.

Reverse the presentation. Make the last paragraph the first paragraph, then develop your response from there. Do not complicate the response with unnecessary data as you currently present. Focus on a simple problem statement and why you believe this must be addressed as soon as possible. You do not need to lecture the reviewer about the current state of Nigeria in such a data based manner. A more personal plea with some data will be sufficient.
OP Famous125 2 / 5 1  
Thank you for your sincere review.

Home / Scholarship / CSC Development impact statement, How your proposed study relates to development issues