It was a eureka moment when my research led me to business systems analysis. The 3 chosen courses.

bmKimmy 3 / 4 1  
Hello. Please review my essay for the STUDYING IN THE UK QUESTION question. Thank you in advance

application for 3 courses in Systems Analysis

Having studied Computer Science for my undergraduate degree, I got a job as a Software Developer which saw me develop core functionality on a system that is now in use. My interests in user-centred system design and interacting with clients that are using the system got me an opportunity to work with the Usability Team and now a position as the Learning Team Leader.

My work currently involves testing of new/updated software functionality, preparing release notes when new/updated functionality is rolled out and having these later converted into user guidance, configuring systems for clients, training clients on the use of the system and offering post training support during the rollout period. I had been looking for a career path that would incorporate most, if not all of these aspects, as well as a postgraduate course to further develop the skills I had attained at work.

Believe me when I say that it was a eureka moment when my research led me to business systems analysis. In this position, I will be able to work with clients in helping them define their software requirements and with the software development team in making sure that we find the best solution(s) possible. I will also be at a good place to influence the status of software delivered to clients i.e. fully tested and as much as is possible, bug free.

It is with this in mind that I settled on the following courses:

1)MSc Business Systems Analysis and Design at the xxx
This course will equip me with the project management skills needed to manage the software development process; from understanding client system specifications, researching for best solutions and communicating them in an appropriate manner, and developing these solutions with a user-centred approach.

2)MSc Management and Information Systems (Change and Development) at the xxx
One of the things that attracted me to this course is that it explores ways in which ICT can contribute to socio-economic development. This ties in a lot with my current job in that, all the clients we provide software solutions to work in the development sector. Understanding better how to build systems that could make their work easier will be a great resource.

It also delves deep into project management and will as such ensure that I understand the issues that might arise from the beginning to the end of a software project, equip me with monitoring and evaluation skills and managing of resources during the project cycle.

3)MSc Management of Business information Technology at the xxx
This course will ensure that I understand the core objectives of project management, how outsourcing affects information system projects and risk evaluation and control techniques. I will also learn to apply principles of human computer interaction to user interfaces.

I believe that the above courses will ensure that I gain the skills necessary in managing the development and adoption of information systems in organisations.
Bilha, try to expand on your academic background a little bit more. You could discuss your GPA in relevant courses or you could present any academic achievements that will highlight the fact that you are an academically inclined student who will most likely accomplish the course in an impressive manner.

Your course choices 1 and 2 lacks a career application explanation. While it will equip you with certain information and skills, the prompt requires you to present a direct link to a career path with each choice. In all all 3 choices, you have not distinguished how your college courses have prepared you with an academic foundation for each course. An MS course will always have a college subject equivalent, so you need to present that. Choices 1 and 3 lack a professional foundation as indicated in the prompt requirements as well.

Home / Scholarship / It was a eureka moment when my research led me to business systems analysis. The 3 chosen courses.