All of experiences has changed me to be an open-minded and appreciated person. Networking essay

anarut24 2 / 4  

Chevening Scholarship, Networking question

Chevening is looking for individuals with strong networking skills, who will engage with the Chevening community and influence and lead others in their chosen profession. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your networking skills, and outline how you hope to use these skills in the future.

(minimum word count: 100 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

Graduated from college, 2015, I was directly be accepted as a teacher in one of international schools in Jakarta. During my service, I realize that an educator, I am demanded to develop a well-foundeed networking not only with my students or their parents but also with the foundation related with my company. In many times, I had to to contact student's parents to discuss about their child, then from this meeting, I got an idea to make a social community that involved students, parents and the foundation. Since then, I have met with leaders from different companies, collaborated with some event organizers to lead school's, and also involved with some social events such as social education in orphanage with my sstudents.

Nevertheless, involving in social events in my school company was not the only way to improve my networking skills. As a stranger in the main city of Indonesia, I couldn't live alone, then I joined one community called PAKSU, an Christian community from North Sumatera. Joining this community was helping me to know people and communicate with differents character. On several occasions, PAKSU became an presenter in school's foundation in which I worked. This community also collaborated with writers of theology book, priests, and travellers. Furthermore, in this moment, I took a chance to expand my network with not only with the members of this organization but also the senior educators from different schools.

Learning how to involve with strangers, I challenged myself to do travelling around Indonesia during schools' holiday. In the first term's holiday, I went to Yogyakarta to learn the cultures such as batik, wayang, and some events held by keraton Yogyakarta. At this time, I met some tourists from Australia and did some tourings activity around Yogyakarta and also introducing tourism places in this area.

Moreover, in 2017, I decided to improve my english skills outside Jakarta, exactly in Pare, Kediri, East Java. I joined Test English School, one of courses in English Village. In this moment, I have met people coming from different cities in Indonesia, such as Makasar, Bandung, Surabaya, Madura, Lombok and others. We shared about our hometown, religion, cultures, life experiences and goals. This time, I have known people and connected with them through learning activities in and outside the classroom. This course provides a programme called around Pare that demanded the members to do some interviews with people stayed or learned in Pare about certain topics. This activity required us to contact people that we do not even know before.

All of this experiences has changed me to be an open-minded person and appreciated person.
Rutmana, these are very basic networking skills that do not really show off an impressive and Chevening related connection of professional contacts. You only indicated that you got to know your student's parents, which inspired you to develop activities, that is more of a leadership and influencing trait rather than a networking ability. Even when you joined PAKSU, you did not give an idea as to how this organization that you joined helped you to develop your professional network. The development of the professional network is the whole point of this presentation. As a leader in your profession, it stands to reason that you have a network of contacts who have helped you to become an effective and influential leader. I do not get an idea of such a thing existing for you in this essay. Which is probably why you neglected to discuss the most vital component of this essay prompt. Where is the explanation as to how this network you have created can help you as a Chevening scholar and how, if ever, can this network and your expanded network after your studies, help the past, present, and future Chevening scholars develop their own networks in a similar line of work? It is not discussed in your essay. You have to write a new essay. One that better suits the prompt requirements because at the moment, I this essay will not help solidify your application status. It lacks the necessary information to strengthen your other documents and essay presentations.
Rahma155 4 / 16 3  
Hello,

The above feedback had provided detailed information regarding the content of your essay. I would like to point out about the grammar you used here.

There are way too many grammatical errors and poor sentence structures in your essay. MS word cannot indicate the major sentence structure errors. I would suggest you use Grammarly. It is a free tool and it helps in correcting many errors in the sentences. Even I also used it for my essays.

I hope this helps you.
Good luck!

Home / Scholarship / All of experiences has changed me to be an open-minded and appreciated person. Networking essay