exploring philanthropic interest through the medium of design and architecture

maharani 1 / -  
Hi Guys, I hope you can help me checking my networking question essay for Chevening Schoolarship Application. Thanks A lot. God Bless all

Networking is an essential part of advancing my career. These days, it's not enough to keep my head down and produce A-plus work, I need to connect with others, be vocal about my interests and career goals, and build relationships with people I might not otherwise have met. And that's what I do since I was in high school because almost half of my project coming from my high school, school-mate. Working with passionate, honesty and flexibility land me to opportunity having great deal project clients and team partner.

During my study in Ciputra University, besides academic, working with my own project studio and be part of student union, I've make my work and face familiar in university and several company by participated in a lot of design competition. In 2012, I've participated and won the 3rd Place and Favourite Design by My Kopi O! Kiosk Design Competition. After winning that competition, I was collaborate with contractor and restaurant team that used by My Kopi O! chain restaurant to build the kiosk at several mall in Indonesia.

Then not stop from that, I was participated to annual national furniture competition, winning and become Emerging Product Designer (Student) of the year by Livingetc Indonesia 2012. By win that competition I have opportunity to meet the editor in chief Livingetc Indonesia and Asia. Then, led me to meet the curator of International event design, Mr. Voon Wong. He offer me to curating my furniture design then gave me opportunity to become exhibitor in 100% Design Singapore in the end of year 2012. In that exhibition I meet a lot of representative of world designer such as Phillipe Stark, Tom Dixon, Thomas Heatherwick and lots of world class designer, we change contact and maintain networking until now. In 2013, I become one of the 103 Designers in ART4D Magazines, International emerging designer and architect Magazines based in Thailand. Unexpectedly from that event and article, my design patent was bought by HarvestLink International Co., Ltd. International furniture company.

From those achievement, I've expand my networking regionally in my hometown, to join young entrepreneur communities in Malang City, Surabaya, and Bali. It's not always talk about work and money but we sharing same hobbies and sport activities. That led me to engaged and associated with Indonesia Timor, travel agent which help people do trips and volunteering at isolated area in East part of Indonesia. I do believe those are examples on how networking skills is used to make a positive influence. As a young designer, I'm obligate to back to Indonesia to exploring philanthropic interest through the medium of design and architecture more in society and giving better relation between Indonesia and UK or even globally, by connected future leader across the world in Chevening network.

and please give me advice for my leadership essay question
https://essayforum.com/scholarship/leadership-empowering-team-pushing-own-78134/

Thankyou
Ayu, this is not a proper professional networking essay for the Chevening scholarship. The networking promot is very specific. It needs to be profession related ruing the time when yo were not a student anymore and instead, has you already practicing your skills in a professional setting. So this means, you need to highlight how you created these professional networks after you graduated. i will grant that these networks could have been built during your academic years, but the prompt is not asking about your academic network. So you need to transfer those to a professional setting and you need to explain why this network will be an excellent addition to the Chevening network. What benefit can the scholars gain from your network? I don't really get the sense that this network has any use to Chevening so you need to justify it. How do you use your network in your line of work? How does your network get any benefit from their relationship with you? What is the basis of the network you created? Revise your essay to respond to the guide questions and remember you need to discuss a professional setting so class projects and student competitions are out of this essay.

Home / Scholarship / exploring philanthropic interest through the medium of design and architecture