GKS personal statement interior design master degree

koukoumin 1 / 1  

personal statement for Studying interior design in Korea

Design, as Steve Jobs once said, is not just about how it looks and feels; it's about how it works. As an interior design student, I couldn't agree more. My passion for creating inspiring and captivating spaces has led me to apply for a master's degree in interior design through the Korean government scholarship program. I am confident that this program will enable me to turn my dream into a reality. I was deeply inspired to pursue my dream of studying abroad after watching a video featuring a previous GKS scholar from Tunisia. Her insightful journey and experiences motivated me to take the leap and apply for the same scholarship. Driven by this newfound determination, I delved into comprehensive research, immersing myself in YouTube videos detailing application processes and personal encounters of scholarship recipients. With unwavering resolve, I decided to seize the opportunity to pursue my master's degree in Korea through this scholarship program.

I am drawn to Korea because of its highly respected education system and thriving design industry. Korea's minimalist style that seamlessly blends technology and design puts it at the forefront of innovation in the field of interior design. Immersing myself in this culture and learning from some of the best designers in the world would be a life-changing experience that will undoubtedly take my career to the next level. Also, Korea is known for its strong design and creative industries, making it a potentially excellent place to study interior design. The country has a thriving design scene, innovative architecture, and a unique blend of traditional and contemporary aesthetics.

Growing up in a family that values education, I have always been motivated to excel in my studies. My father, who works in the building industry, instilled in me a passion for architecture that led me to pursue interior design. This field has allowed me to express my creativity and imagination in meaningful ways.

Entering the realm of creativity and passion, I pursued a major in interior design at a respected fine arts university. The world of design, with its vibrant palette of colors and shapes, has forever captivated me. Though my journey faced challenges, doubts echoed from friends and family: Is interior design as valuable as engineering or science? Unfortunately, the skepticism often led to people looking down on my chosen path. Yet, I remain steadfast, convinced that the spaces we live in are canvases of feelings, memories, and dreams. Amidst the judgment about design's impact, I see its power to shape our lives profoundly. With every stroke of imagination and arrangement, I craft not only spaces but also the stories of those who inhabit them. That's why I decided to apply to the GKS scholarship in Korea, believing it could fuel my drive to turn the ordinary into the extraordinary despite the doubts cast by others.

My experience as a real estate agent and intern with interior designers has prepared me for the challenges of this engaging and rewarding career. These experiences have taught me valuable skills, including negotiation, effective communication, and leadership. They have also strengthened my ability to adapt to new environments and work effectively with others.

During my time as a student, I have participated in several internships in the field of interior architecture, both during the summer and spring break. One of the most memorable internships I had was at a boutique interior design firm, I sourced unique materials and created custom furniture for a luxury apartment renovation, which was a great success and incredibly rewarding. My internship experiences have taught me valuable skills such as project management, material sourcing, and design implementation, giving me a greater appreciation for the design process and how it works in the real world.

Studying interior design in Korea will not only provide me with a wealth of knowledge and experience but will also allow me to immerse myself in a culture that values innovation and creativity. I see this as an opportunity to explore a brand-new world, live an independent life, and make my parents proud of my achievements. I am grateful for the opportunity to apply for the Korean government scholarship, and I am excited about the possibility of contributing my unique perspective and passion to the GKS community, and making the most of the resources and support that this scholarship will provide.

Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is crucial for personal growth and well-being, which is something I firmly believe in. As an individual, I prioritize hobbies outside of work, such as photography. Through the lens of my camera, I find solace in capturing and appreciating the beauty in everyday life and telling stories through the images I create. Pursuing this hobby rejuvenates my approach to both personal and professional pursuits, and has taught me the value of finding balance in life.

Overall, I am confident that this experience will be a huge step in my life and my career.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15153 4857  
This is not a bad application statement. It shows your inspiration and reasons for pursuing a masters degree in Korea. You have given enough ample reasons based on your experiences and internships, but you seem to lack any awards or recognitions. Why is that? How would you qualify yourself as one of the best in your country, which the GKS reviewers look for? It cannot be based on internships and studies alone. Try to further build up your experience resume. You should have at least been able to mention some of the interior design shows, competitions, and other talent showcases you have joined, but not necessarily have won, to increase the profile of your application.
OP koukoumin 1 / 1  
Im currently studying to get ielts and also started studying korean to boost my application file and to get topik 3 (korean language proficiency test) i will try my best to join a competition thanks for your review and advice really appreciate it

Home / Scholarship / GKS personal statement interior design master degree
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: