"Improving environment in community" - ideas for the topic of community needs?

atham64 4 / 12  
In 500 words or less, please describe how you plan to help fulfill the needs of your community after you've completed your education.

Ever since I was little, I had always wanted to better the environment and community because that is what we are going to remember till we move and go off to places. We remember how beautiful the scenery is and peaceful and full of life it was. But when trees are cut down to build houses on, while there are many houses that have not been sold yet, breaks my heart because I see all these wildlife lose their homes for human reasons that are not necessary.

I plan to help my community by donating my time to the events that they have. Helping the community to raise money and donate money to improve the conditions of the schools I attended because they gave me the foundation to build my education. Also the community may need a fresh new outlook on the way they have been helping students and I can contribute because I would have new ideas to share. I have a list of things I would to help my community which are improve transportation and try to reduce my community's Carbon dioxide emissions.

I feel the need to improve our environment because living in South Florida we have nature all around us and it is important to preserve it so I would probably give notice to Everglades and how it needs to be preserve. Cutting trees around Everglades are taking homes away from wildlife and it diminishes their survival rate and affects our ecosystem.

This fulfillment will not only help my community but my state and for them to be aware of what is going on. Our community can work together and change our surroundings like live healthier and longer like taking more nature walks. Also that this volunteer work can inspire other high school hopefuls to start something that they are passionate about and pursue it.
Gregoryg93 4 / 12  
You might want to describe what your career path would be and how you will use your job to help your community. Can you please look at my Binghamton essay.

Home / Scholarship / "Improving environment in community" - ideas for the topic of community needs?