KGSP PERSONAL STATEMENT. CULTURAL EXCHANGE AS A SOURCE OF PEACE AND COEXISTENCE

LYNN22 1 / -  
Hello, Sorry, you may not post a new message in this thread because you are the last poster and could still edit your message. Click on the the "Edit your last post" link below to edit your last post or return to the previous page to save the message you have just composed.

o Motivations with which you apply for this program
o Your education and work experiencein relation to the KGSP
o Reason for studying in Korea
o Any other aspects of your background and interests which may help us evaluate your aptitude and passion for graduate study or research.

CULTURAL EXCHANGE AS A SOURCE OF PEACE AND COEXISTENCE

I have always said that we come with nothing and nothing goes away, and it is not true. We come, we learn, we teach, and then we leave, eventually without anything. But in transit we will have the opportunity to fill our lives with values ​​and good examples. The use or not of these tools can not be reached until the end of the road with the satisfaction of a job well done, and with the conviction that life and worth it.

Life has not always placed me in situations of advantage when unexpected or painful events originate. The economic crisis and the bad decisions on several occasions threaten to collapse to the point of abandoning academic studies. However, we will obtain a scholarship granted to the Colombian Institute of Educational Credit and Technical Studies Abroad (ICETEX) to Afro-Colombian students, thanks to this study, to continue with the degree. All the time is good to analyze what we are and in what way we react to the vicissitudes of life. Today we are in a position to initiate the first steps towards the change that augurs us a better tomorrow. I want to show with my example, that neither the voices against, nor the obstacles, nor the impediment for an enterprising spirit that wants to combine the world. I hope my community is inspired by me, have the courage to face the challenges, achieve their goals, goals and succeed in life.

I never thought that they would study me, but it would bring me incredible experiences. During the years after studying at the university, we visited different places in Colombia, we know different cultures and we work on incredible projects, we highlight the barriers of inequality, discrimination and stereotypes through interculturality. Thanks to this I was able to know and love the cultural diversity of my country. strengthen peaceful coexistence and exchange of ancestral knowledge, promote spaces that we understand in the midst of differences, explore cultural and intangible material, face life from our individualities, without neglecting other knowledge sciences, the wide variety of courses The balanced relationship between theory and practice, opportunities for students, part of local, regional projects, members of research, facts of their professionals, leaders in research and diverse education.

The seedbed of research in language science, education in cultural and linguistic diversity (SICLED), I refer to the teaching-learning processes of cultural groups in the country, an educational form, the organization and promotion of the first symposium of co-officiality of the indigenous language, language and language of the indigenous, and the palenquero in the department of La Guajira, this is the initiative to protect the native languages ​​of the department are often discriminated against and forgotten by Colombian society. I am also a co-founder and member of the board of directors of the Afro-Colombian student association of the University of La Guajira. During my visit to Teyuna or lost city, I not only learned about the archaeological heritage of the indigenous people of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, but also how the behavior and thoughts of the indigenous groups in this area are strongly related to their culture, spaces , and lifestyles. In addition, the proposal for the construction of the sculpture in a tribute to the palate, symbol of peace and conflict resolution of the Wayuu culture.

The seedbed of research in intercultural bilingual studies (SEEIBI) my research group and I developed our degree work: "The diaspora palenquera in the tourist and cultural district of Riohacha, towards self-education processes". This research is born from the interest to know the Palenquero cultural collective in the municipality of Riohacha, before the eyes of its inhabitants and invisible. I also developed and executed the community project of recovery and linguistic strengthening of the Palenquera language in San Basilio de Palenque, department of Bolívar. After my graduation I was invited to give intercultural education workshops in my university. This extraordinary opportunity reaffirmed my desire to continue my postgraduate studies, I could be a better researcher.

Since 2008, I have developed field work, social-cultural activities in communities and populations established in highly marginalized settlements (hamlets and villages), which due to the conditions of forced displacement (victims of the armed conflict), were forced to do part of the hectic city absorbing them in the competitive labor, economic, educational and professional rhythm, bringing with it the imminent uprooting from its place of origin. I am motivated to integrate communities, ethnic minorities, business sectors, state entities, among other actors, with the aim of strengthening intercultural dialogues, mutual recognition, exchange of knowledge, rural development and peace building with a view to reducing discrimination and invisibility, create opportunities for all, cultural integration, social, environmental, economic and cultural sustainability of the territories, Colombia and the world.

I consider the program of multicultural and intercultural studies very suitable for me because it not only promotes effective interaction with various cultural groups, but also teaches several recommended teaching methods in multicultural education, mutual culture that can reduce the prevalence of ethnocentrism, prejudice and stereotypes It also trains multicultural experts who will be able to carry out field work and research to understand the current discourse of multiculturalism at the global level.

I have also had the opportunity to work on some incredible projects in the modality of ethnic territories with well-being in the Afrourramba association and the community council "AXE" in the municipality of Dibulla, in the process of recovering traditions, strengthening their uses and customs , literacy, the rights and empowerment of rural women in the rural economy of the municipality and its paths.

South Korea is an incredible country. I really admire how Korea succeeded despite all the difficulties in the last century; the great efforts that were necessary to achieve excellence in the economic development, education and social welfare of its population, in the search for a better future for the new generations. The value of its people, the perfect balance between traditional, modern and technology always accompanied by respect for their traditions, the protection of their natural and cultural resources, their rich historical heritage and impressive culture have survived even the passing of time. South Korea is the example of multiculturalism at its best, the processes of globalization and the spread of its culture have made many foreigners live in the territory, promoting integration, diversity and cultural exchange. I am sure that Korea is a great country so I would like to study in this country to learn more about its culture and its people. Therefore, I will do my best to promote the cultural exchange between South Korea, my country and the whole world.

THANKS YOU
pjongko91 2 / 4  
Hi, did you use an English translator when you wrote this essay? The reason I'm asking this is that some parts do not make sense. Also, your essay does not clearly state your motivations for applying to the KGSP.
Maroly, your essay definitely needs major revision, without the use of a translator as you did in this essay. You can take parts of this essay to help make your revision easier because it will help you create a more appropriate foundation for the essay. I believe that you can revise certain paragraphs to merge with your new essay. Let me pair up the prompt discussion with the response to be edited below:

*Motivation:
I am motivated to integrate communities...Colombia and the world.
*Increase the motivation presentation if you can. You need to make this paragraph as strong as possible because this will be the "hook" of the essay.

*Education experience:
Life has not always placed me in situations ...goals and succeed in life.
* Revise this paragraph to explain that you have already completed the undergraduate course. If you keep this current format, which says that you still have to complete your degree, you will automatically be kicked out of consideration because you need to have a completed undergraduate course as a primary requirement for consideration.

**Work Experience:
Since 2008, ... place of origin.
*Increase the discussion of this presentation requirement by adding other relevant work experience. Revise the current presentation for clarity as well.

Reasons for studying in Korea:
South Korea is an incredible country. ...my country and the whole world.

*Other information:
The seedbed of research ... I could be a better researcher.
* You need to better present this information in terms of clarity, purpose, and result.

Basically, you ended up over-discussing your essay and using the translator did not help your case in terms of fixing your presentation. If you are not a native English speaker, I urge you to better your chances for scholarship consideration by hiring professional writing and editing services for your essay. That would be the best way to ensure that you get a fighting chance during the screening process.

Home / Scholarship / KGSP PERSONAL STATEMENT. CULTURAL EXCHANGE AS A SOURCE OF PEACE AND COEXISTENCE