What kind of impact do you want to have through your UWC education?

Shophita 1 / -  

UWC education and my future

The years 2018 to 2022 told my future: I would leave university with a criminology degree and eventually work as a forensic psychologist to help and understand criminals. Detention centers lack trained psychologists, which leads to more harm than good. Inmates can suffer humiliation, isolation, and abuse. The Bureau of Justice Statistics has reported that one-third of convicts return to criminal activity after three years of release. Norway, on the other hand, has the lowest recidivism rate on Earth. They have proven the reliability of restorative justice, prioritizing education, therapy, and the opportunity to become better people as essential for reintegration into society.

2023, on the other hand, has filled me with doubts. I currently find this idea more of a dream than a goal, and as time passes I'm more conflicted about what shall be of me in the future. Though it is uncertain, I find comfort in knowing I genuinely desire to create positive change. I don't know what will be of me in what lies ahead, but I like to think UWC will stop the doubtfulness that plagues me. Despite the lingering confusion, I will continue on, fueled by the belief that positive change is possible.
You have not answered the question. You have placed a very interesting non-response in its place. You have no idea what impact you want to leave through your UWC education. You clearly show uncertainty in your response based on what you have written. Do not submit this response. Go back and think about what you really want to say. Reflect on it. Make sure you have a plan for your legacy as the question requires. Do not be uncertain. The reviewers will not like that. Have a strong opinionated voice in relation to what you want to accomplish in the world. Have a clear path towards an academic and professional goal.

Home / Scholarship / What kind of impact do you want to have through your UWC education?