Leadership means that you keep learning all your life, gain experience and pass it to others

zaidon 1 / 2  

Chevening is looking for individuals who will be future leaders or influencers

Since I have been undergraduate or even before and am very interested in giving support and helping others. The start came up with being a part of local charity organization named Resala, I used to one of its active members.

On one of our campaign we decided to have a small party for the orphaned children, we made them happy, played with them and made their day, before we leave a small girl came to me kissed and telling when I will be getting young, I would like to do the same you do. I felt hence how my impact was on these kids and how our small acts may change and build their own thoughts.

Throughout my career which I began, I started to teach myself through online courses, attending seminars or even watching inspiring videos. The company I was working in was starting up a new activity to its scope of activities having no experience in the new field. Day after day, working with older employees at the way they were admired, I was responsible for export activity and achieved a reasonable level of sales and helped putting a selling strategy for the coming 3 years. The company started to hire new employees, I started to teach them and pass them my little experience, gave them all what I have learnt along the years. The company owner was giving some kinds of appreciation, led a team of 5 young and old employees, they were all feeling a healthy working space. Even after I have decided to start a new challenge with a new position outside, they kept in touch with me for supporting them back whenever they asked.

Another challenge, I have been succeeded to pass exams and interviews and started working for the 2nd biggest bank in our country. By time I started to feel it's not my career even I was doing good job and got encourages from our branch boss. Not completing my first year I decided to quit. My colleagues and boss were really surprised how dare I take such a decision while it was a big chance to work for a big bank like this. I started to explain how was am willing to make big an achievement not even maintain targets in money, explained how my goals not only limited to achieving the bank target but to help boost our economy.

All my colleagues and directors encouraged me hoping me a fruitful challenge, they all were making sure I take the right decision. After while I knew my forward decision influenced 2 employees to quit starting their own business and they made a very good start while they were afraid of taking the action.

Recently I have been chosen to be a member of a leading group of family business company, I have been chosen for a supervisory role. One of my job descriptions was to monitor and supervise almost 15 of my coworkers at different levels of our business. Tried to make the work space as much healthy as I can, after a couple of months I have been assigned to be a product manager. Made some recommendation to promote some of them and nominated to attend the board meeting for taking part in putting our strategy.

The point I wanted to refer is that being a leader is meaning you keep learning all your life, gaining experience and pass it with no doubt that you would be valued. Actions you are taking might inspiring others for changing their path somehow.
henry15 2 / 3 1  
Hello Mahmoud Abozaid, I noticed lots typos and grammatical errors on your essay like the few i highlighted and more, the first paragraph needs to be worked on properly. For the second paragraph, this should be left not ....before we leave a small girl....., me kissed ... you really need to work more on your English skills.

The third paragraph you talked about tutoring yourself but you didn't explain the purpose and it tends to differ from your earlier paragraphs. I think you need to pick a specific leadership role and discuss more on it. if it was on a campaign that cared for the less privileged then talk about your roles there, were you visited, the challenges you faced with your team and how you overcame them also the success you recorded and the influences you made. You don't have to give examples of severally leadership roles. Just pick the one you played a stronger role and work on it. Also ensure you work on your language structure is really poor.
Mahmoud these are not the kind of leadership roles that you should be presenting for assessment as a Chevening scholar. The credentials you present are too inferior and does not qualify you for the scholarship. There is no reference to the possibility of you being considered for a leadership and influencing role in your country at present or in the future. All you did in this essay was narrate some sort of leadership skills, but not really profession related skills that could be considered a marked representation of your leadership and influencing traits.

The reviewer is not interested in your biography, which is what you are presenting here. He is only interested in actual and strong leadership and influencing examples from you based on your current profession. That is severely lacking in this essay which renders this piece of writing unusable. You must focus on your current profession, any leadership and influencing role you performed, and narrate how this might signify a future role for you as a leader in your current profession whose influence will be far reaching.

There are numerous samples of Chevening leadership and influencing essays at this forum. All written by your competitors. Read their work so that you will understand why you need to come up with a more competitive piece of leadership and influencing essay. Your current essay will not make it past the screening round based on the qualifications of your competitors at the moment.

Home / Scholarship / Leadership means that you keep learning all your life, gain experience and pass it to others