I have learned that even if you fail or lose, there is no reason to give up. Chevening Scholarship

Caronte16 1 / 1  
My Leadership Essay for Chevening Scholarship

Hi guys! could someone, please, give any comments, suggestions and corrections for my essay below?
Thank you in advance..

Every human being is a leader, in one way or another. Throughout my life I have encountered the chance to experience position of being a leader, and through these experiences I have learned how to be a team player, better listener, to have more patience, to be not afraid of constructive criticism, and how to be a problem solver.

I have learned that even if you fail or lose, there is no reason to give up; you still have to get right back up. By listening to my peers and by learning from my mistakes I have overcame my obstacles.

My meaningful professional experience it was at Centro de Cirugía Cardiovascular del Caribe and it began with an enthusiastic and young student of medicine that started to work at the hospital as a volunteer, achieving goals triumphantly, I expanded my responsibility to all running services, developing skills that caught up the attention of the doctors that conform the team; and that gave me the opportunity to show them what I was capable of. For that reason, following my university graduation, the administration of the hospital allows me to stay working, in a formal way, in such a huge and important institution. I was designated to assist the Chief of the Cardiovascular Surgery Department. Attendance to meetings, discussions of technical issues, coordination of field activities and planning and logistic proposals became part of my routine.

One of my tasks was, to be in charge of the department when the chief department was not available to solve a situation, and there is where my leadership skills started to bloom. A team composed by nurses, secretaries and medicine students were under my guidance. I led the consults of cardiology inside the department for over 4 months, where I was given the responsibility to plan, organize, and present the cases of patients candidates to a surgery in the clinical sessions. During this period the surgical statistics did not went down. Even though I was the youngest and the less experienced doctor in the team, they let me organize and direct all the aspects related to the preparation of the cases. I led the patients throughout the path of their surgery, explain to them and coordinate with all the team.

I feel really satisfied with the results I got during the time I have been working in this team, because Centro de Cirugía Cardiovascular del Caribe still have the most important Department of Cardiovascular Surgery in my country, with the biggest numbers of satisfied patients that underwent cardiac surgery.
pujakurniawan19 9 / 16 4  
Hello Caronte16

I am very keen on reading this essay
I will try tongive you a few suggestion to improve your essay

Every human being is a leader, while they just leads themselves, family, even a big company because all of the people are leader in one way or another. Throughout of my life, I have encountered the chance to experienced position of beingas a leader, and through these experiences I have learned how to be a team playeras a good team member , a goodbette r listener.This condition influence my attitude and my minset so that I can be more patience , to have more patience and , to be notnever afraid ofin constructive criticism. What is the more, the experiences changed me so that becameand how to be a problem solver.

The experiences have taught meI have learned that even if youI fail or lose, there is no reason to give up; youI still have to get right back up. By listening to my peers and by learning from my mistakes, ...

Home / Scholarship / I have learned that even if you fail or lose, there is no reason to give up. Chevening Scholarship