Master of Human Resource Management - AAS

moarao 1 / -  
Hi everyone, please kindly check my essay for AAS 2024 application. Thank you so much for your help!

Why did you choose your proposed course and institution? (Max. 2000 characters)

My early experiences as HR during the Covid highlighted two insights: 1) challenges like bankruptcy or mass layoffs often stem from inadequate HR management amid uncertainty; 2) inefficient HR practices create a harmful cycle: poor HRM leads to business failure, burdened employees, decreased productivity, ultimately hindering business success. In sum, my journey revealed that effectively implementing HRM to support business during Covid recovery is challenged by the practical complexity of HRM. Hence, there is a great need for high-quality HR practitioners to align business efforts with HRM as the main driver of business implementation. As a young HR practitioner, I aim to elevate my role and contribute significantly to Indonesia's economic recovery and future growth by fostering effective and healthy workplaces. Pursuing a master's in Human Resource Management is crucial for achieving this goal.

For my master's program, I am seeking programs that offer comprehensive HRM, HR policy & industrial relations, and internship. This theoretical knowledge combined with practical & policy skills is vital for implementing HRM practices to support businesses effectively. After extensive online research and consultations (with alumni & education consultants), my top choice is the Master of Management (Human Resources) at the University of Melbourne. In addition to meeting the criteria above, its basic business courses complement HRM, facilitating alignment between business practices and effective HRM. Moreover, there are capstone projects honing analytical and practical skills in solving organizational problems through HR practice and policy. Another suitable option is the Master of Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations at the University of Sydney. The expertise available in the Body, Heart, and Mind in Business area offers valuable learning opportunities and connections for further collaboration on issues related to effective business and healthy workplaces.

One at a time.
Your first paragraph is not relevant to the prompt provided. You have to revise the essay to focus on the reasons why you chose 2 universities and courses in Australia. You can try to work in your observation from the Covid pandemic time if you wish, but that should not be represented in a stand alone paragraph. That is not the focus of the discussion. Choose a second university to discuss as a back up choice for the scholarship. You have to prove that you have given great thought as to what courses would help advance your career in this case. So make sure you provide 2 universities and courses in the discussion.

Home / Scholarship / Master of Human Resource Management - AAS