Motivational essay for scholarship at cbs.

Masloc 1 / -  
MOTIVATIONAL ESSAY
I intend to study Finance at the Copenhagen School of Business. My interest in studying Finance stems from a long-term desire in helping the Economic and Financial obligations of my country. The study of Finance involves creativity and prudence as one has to be acquainted with implications of policy making and how it goes to offer better assistance to the ordinary citizens of a country.

This is because firstly, I intend working at the Ministry of Finance in my country and want to amass all the knowledge and know-how in working at an institution like that if I am to make any impact in the lives of people with my knowledge. I believe studying at this institution gives me a great edge as it seeks to bring out the best in students as it has done in the past.

Again the study of Finance involves in projections and insinuating of the monetary flow in the world. Inflation, standard of living and other macro-economic indicators give a view of how the monetary system in the country works and therefore if one is to achieve a greater success in improving the life standards of individuals in the country, knowledge of this will be keen.

Furthermore, apart from the help offered to my country with the knowledge obtained, I believe that the study of Finance will personally be of benefit to me. This is because Finance would give me closure with how the financial world operates and if I am to thrive in any business, knowledge of this would make me a stand-out. Any business I involve myself in would be with the global mindset I would create a foreign market to advertise my goods, expertise to the world.

Last but not the least, I believe being granted a scholarship to the Copenhagen School of Business would not only benefit me but the entire student body would also benefit from the experiences I have obtained and also give an opportunity for CBS to create a person for the now and future world

My long-term plan is to work at the government sector in my country at the Ministry of Finance. Key to this would be a broad, appreciative and technical know-how at how the monetary system works. I seek to be an efficient and versatile person who is teachable and works as a professional in any line of work or duty I find myself.

After my graduate studies, I would like to return to my country and teach Economics at the Senior High School level. This is due to the firm interest I have in the course and also an opportunity to impart expatriate knowledge to the students in Ghana.

I would like to do this for about five years before I move into a business consortium of my own where projects about delivering portable drinking water to rural communities would be a main focus.

After successfully delivering my objective by providing good drinking water to as much rural communities as possible, I would also enter into farming to exploit the vast opportunities at our disposal as developing countries. This is also of keen interest as farming communities would need assistance at all forms and I will be willing to provide first to develop our farming as developing country and then for the purposes of profit making.

My desire to offer support to deprived communities and also to be a good policy maker in my country at the Ministry of Finance started at the Senior High School Level when I chose to study Economics among other subjects. This desire was nurtured and well pursued as I developed more interest in Economics. This was one of the major reasons why I chose to offer Economics at the Undergraduate level.

Starting my career as a student, I did well with impressive results in my first year. During my third year of study at the University, an unfortunate event happened as I lost my father who was taking care of me at the time. This created an academical imbalance and saw me struggle with some courses the next few semesters. However, I was able to recover and in my final year managed to complete my University with a first degree in Economics.

I took to managing my expenses through some business I created when I was in second year. I developed a new way of restoring the contacts in people's phone so that they could still have access to their contacts when they loose their phones' contacts. I created a password profile for each of my clients and this brought great relief as I made some money to cater for my expenses and also triumphed in my niftiness.

In my final year, my project and dissertation involved the study of the school- feeding programme and my group members (four in number) and I learnt a lot that dealt with the discrepancies found in the policy and its implementation. This motivated me in finding out more and stirred my desire in wanting to be involved in matters in the financial sector which involved monitoring.

As part of being involved in decision making and leadership qualities, something remarkable happened that gave me a lot of edge to demonstrate what I had in me.

My hostel organized a clean up exercise during my third year at the university. We were divided into groups and each given a quota to clean so that by the end we all would have cleared two acres of land and gotten rid of weeds and filth that sprung mosquitoes. Work was scheduled for the weekends and was supposed to go on for at least a month.

I assumed leadership of the group. My first plan of action was to find a way of finishing our quota so that we would have free weekends for our books as this seem to be the only militating factor against the exercise. This meant that we would work extra harder. I made the group meet twice in the week to deliberate ideas on how we could finish up early and still not do a shoddy job.

We had an impediment of lack of tools and equipment and not wanting to squeeze any money in, we brought our work from the weekends to the weekdays in the evening when we all had free days so we could use other people's tools. Our work was completed early and I encouraged school children from the vicinity to help the other groups. We ended up clearing more than our portion and gave the other group a hand.

In the end work was successfully done with barely a week to go and we could still attend to our books whiles our colleagues worked.

I wish to say and submit that all of these experiences gathered give me a great privilege and opportunity to give what I can offer to the Copenhagen Business School.
I intend to study Finance, and I hope to do so at the Copenhagen School of Business.
Maybe that is better, or maybe not. What do you think?

This is because, firstly, I intend to work at...

This is great! You have such clear intentions, and that is impressive.

...not only benefit me but also the entire student body; would also benefit from the experiences I have obtained CBS can create a -------> (person for the now and future world) what does this mean? Revise this part.

I think these should be part of the same paragraph: at least a month. I assumed leadership... . you should put those two paragraphs together.

I think you should move this to the end to make a strong conclusion paragraph: My long-term plan is to work at ... duty I find myself.

Good luck! You are an important person, and I admire you. Excellent adventures are in your future, I think.
cialit0506 1 / 2  
Hi Marcus,

It's a good essay, I like it.

Here's some corrections that might make the essay flow better:

Again, studying Finance involves projectioning and insinuating the global monetary flow. Inflation, standard of living and other macro-economic indicators give a view of how the monetary system in the country works and therefore if one is to achieve a greater success in improving the life standards of individuals in the country, knowledge of this will be keen.

Furthermore, apart from helping my country with the knowledge obtained , studying Finance will also greatly benefit me . This is because Finance gives me closure on how the financial world operates and if I am to thrive in any business, knowledge of this would make me a stand-out . Any business I involve myself in would be with the global mindset I would create a foreign market to advertise my goods, expertise to the world.

Last but not the least, I believe being granted a scholarship by the Copenhagen School of Business would not only benefit me, but also the entire student body. My fellow students would also benefit from my experiences and also give an opportunity for CBS to create a person for the world of today and tomorrow.

My long-term plan is to work in my country's Ministry of Finance. Key to this would be a broad, appreciative and technical know-how on how the monetary system works. I seek to be an efficient and versatile person who is teachable and works as a professional in any line of work or duty I find myself.

After successfully delivering my objective by providing clean drinking water to as much rural communities as possible, I would also enter into farming to exploit the vast opportunities at our disposal as developing countries. This is also of keen interest as farming communities would need assistance at all forms and I will be willing to provide first to develop our farming as developing country and then for the purposes of profit making.

As a student , I did well with impressive results in my first year. During my third year of study at the University, an unfortunate event happened as I lost my father who was taking care of me at the time. This created an academical (do you mean emotional?) imbalance and saw me struggle with some courses the next few semesters. However, I was able to recover and in my final year managed to complete my University with a first degree in Economics.

I took to managing my expenses through some business I created when I was in the second year. I developed a new way of restoring the contacts in people's phone so that they could still have access to their contacts when they lose ]their phones' contacts. I created a password profile for each of my clients and this brought great relief as I made some money to cater for my expenses and also triumphed in my niftiness.

In my final year, my project and dissertation involved the study of the school- feeding programme and my group members (four of them ) and I learnt a lot that dealt with the discrepancies found in the policy and its implementation. This motivated me in finding out more and stirred my desire in wanting to be involved in matters in the financial sector which involved monitoring.

Being involved in decision making and leadership qualities, something remarkable happened that gave me a lot of edge to demonstrate what I had in me.

My hostel organized a clean up exercise during my third year at the university. We were divided into groups and each of us was given a quota to clean so that by the end we all would have cleared two acres of land and gotten rid of weeds and filth that sprung mosquitoes. Work was scheduled for the weekends and was supposed to go on for at least a month.

I assumed leadership of the group. My first plan of action was to find a way of finishing our quota so that we would have free weekends for our books as this seem to be the only militating factor against the exercise. This meant that we would have to work harder . I scheduled my team to meet twice a week to deliberate ideas on how we could finish up early and still not do a shoddy job.

But, we lacked the proper tools and equipments.And not wanting to squeeze (please use a different word, such as invest) any money in the project , we brought our work from the weekends to the weekdays in the evening when we all had free days so we could use other people's tools. We completed our work before the schedule and I encouraged school children from the vicinity to help the other groups. We ended up clearing more than our portion and gave the other group a hand.also helped the other groups.

In the end work was successfully done with barely a week to go and we could still attend to our books (do you mean - attend to our studies?)while our colleagues worked.

I am proud to say that all of these experiences give me a great privilege and opportunity to give what I can offer to the Copenhagen Business School.
alibaba 1983 3 / 12  
hello

at the end you should also say that you appreciate it for them to take the time to read it

would be more appropriate and make a really good impression

Home / Scholarship / Motivational essay for scholarship at cbs.