Networking has been one skill I adopt daily in my career. Chevening scholarship essay

obianujumaureen 3 / 3  

networking skills for chevening scholarship

As a clinical pharmacists, I am opportune to interact daily with people from all works of life in providing health care services and work with many other health care service providers who perform specialized functions aimed at patient care. Networking has been one skill i adopt daily in my career.

Upon graduation, i got internship placement in National Agency for Food Administration and Control (NAFDAC) through the recommendations i got from the networks I made while in school.I worked in three different directorates charged with different functions and got to meet people from different aspects of pharmacy and other specialties.Earlier this year through NAFDAC social media which am a member, I learnt of an immunization seminar training for pharmacist conducted by WHO in collaboration with West African Postgraduate College of Pharmacists (WAPCP). There I met and interacted with colleagues both locally and internationally and from diverse specialties who taught us on the best new practices on immunization. Different pharmaceutical companies were also present; I wasted no time in exchanging contacts and storming ideas together with them.

Severally at work, I have been able to contact these companies to source for vaccines and drugs especially the orphan drugs needed by my patients. I have also used my influence as having worked in NAFDAC to help direct them here on procedures in procuring dangerous drugs and using my contacts to make the process faster . The contacts I made in the seminar also encouraged me in starting my fellowship program with the West African Postgraduate College as most of them were currently fellows or members. They urged me to start the program as it will widen my network and career.

Joining the college has afforded me the opportunity of meeting, learning and networking with other students from West Africa. Our lecturers too have done a lot in opening our minds not only to the challenges of pharmacy in our immediate environs but Africa as a whole and we all work together to ameliorate these common traits.

Networking to me isn't just about meeting new people but cultivating a relationship with them that will influence me and others, As a Chevening Scholar, I hope to use my networking skills to meet and interact with people from diverse and same interest group that will propel my career. it will also provide me with a platform for sharing ideas, experiences and skills that will benefit the chevening community both scholars and alumina especially people of same interest to help push pharmacy out of the shadows it has been in the health sector.
Ugwu, you are a single clinical pharmacist, pharmacists is the plural form of the word. Correct it. Also, the phrase is "All walks of life" not "All works of life". Reference the date, location, and topic of the seminar you attended. Explain who the other attendees were and whose contacts you specifically used in your line of work. Fully depict one instance when you had to use your network due to a situation at your office. Which contact did you use and why? What was the outcome? In addition to that, explain one time when a contact of yours required your network to achieve a solution to his situation. How did you handle it and through what professional network of yours?

The phrase "Severally at work" does not make any sense. Did you mean to say "Similarly at work" instead? Drop the reference to the fellowship program. Since this is academic in nature and you do not have a professional reference to make of it in terms of your network, you should not be presenting that information in this essay.

Making these corrections should help you attain a better directed second draft version of your essay.
jam92 4 / 7 2  
Over all, it is good. But I am trying to point out some issues in association with the points made by @Holt that you might take care of:

1. Use of " I "; if you mention yourself in sentence, make it capitalize. Moreover, make sure that the starting letter of each sentence is in capital form.

2. I found connections between your paragraphs hardly. It would be better if you can relate one paragraph to another using suitable transition words.
3. In total, your essay seems to be a bit clumsy. It will be nice if you can make it more concise.

Thank you for your consideration.

Home / Scholarship / Networking has been one skill I adopt daily in my career. Chevening scholarship essay