I need Postgraduate education to do these great things in my career. Career Plan Essay

Raza93 5 / 8 1  

Chevening - defining moment in my career

My career objective is to serve in the Pakistan Administrative Services and perform executive, judicial, and administrative functions for the Government of Pakistan. By entering the federal bureaucracy, I intend to propose reforms in the government's administrative system to make it more relevant to the masses. The expertise gained through my education in the UK will definitely aid me in doing so, much more differently, and possibly better, than others.

At present, the bureaucracy suffers from a lack of initiative to address the fault-lines in society and local sentiment on issues. This can be tackled by engaging local and non-governmental stakeholders. Since there is also a serious lack of initiatives regarding data collection on social issues and public opinion, I intend to suggest an initiative similar to the European Social Survey so the policymaking process becomes more people centred and sustainable.

In the event that I am selected for a Chevening scholarship, I will complete my postgraduate studies in the fall of 2019 and start preparing for my CSS exams, which one has to take in order to enter the federal bureaucracy of Pakistan. The next exam after my return will be conducted in February 2020 so I will have 3-4 months to finalize my preparation.

From March-May 2020, I will engage with Innovate, Educate, Inspire (IEI) Pakistan. IEI Pakistan fosters community development through education. The organization mainly works in the Gilgit-Baltistan region in Pakistan. The guiding principle for IEI Pakistan is civic engagement and responsibility. The organization recruits volunteers, who contribute to the local community development in Gilgit-Baltistan by teaching school students at a nominal stipend for a maximum of three months. After returning and taking my CSS exam, I will dedicate the first three months to this initiative before resuming my job at Oxford University Press Pakistan (OUPP) in June 2020. OUPP encourages its young editors to pursue higher education and asks them to rejoin once their studies finish.

Once the CSS results are out, the interview process and recruitment into the administrative groups will stretch until March 2021. I will finally begin my specialized training for bureaucracy in August 2021.

Since recruitment into the bureaucracy is an 18-month long process after one has taken the CSS exam, I will also dedicate some of my time towards managing the administration at a government girls' school in Mehrabpur, Sindh, adopted by a friend of mine. I plan to travel to Mehrabpur over the weekends and oversee administrative affairs of the school.

The Chevening experience will be a defining moment in my career, and I look forward to engaging with academics and students from a diverse set of countries. This exposure will enable me to undertake an appraisal of governance systems across several countries both academically and through first-person, people-to-people contacts. I strongly believe that my study experience in the UK and connections within the Chevening community will hugely assist me in mobilizing specialized assistance towards policy implementation in Pakistan.
Marzia, open with the OUPP reference to encouraging their editors to come back to work after the education is completed. That sounds like a tremendously solid and achievable career plan after you graduate. Always present your employment information after you graduate first. Make sure that the reviewer knows that there is a job waiting for you upon your return because it makes you sound important to the company and increases your profile as an applicant. After that, you can discuss preparing for the CSS exam. Here is the thing though, I do not see the UK government sponsored project that you can work with upon your return to your country. Why is that? Is there no UK government supported project in line with your masters degree or profession? You have to present that at the top of the page if you can because that is mandatory information in this essay. Without it, your application will either be rejected immediately or placed in the non-priority pile, to be reviewed again (or not) depending upon the remaining non priority scholar slots available.

Home / Scholarship / I need Postgraduate education to do these great things in my career. Career Plan Essay