Home / Scholarship % width   Posts: 2

Qualities of survival - Chevening leaders or influencers in their home country

seeeed 4 / 5  
1.Leadership and influence

I strongly agree that influence is on of the best qualities of survival. Especially in this new social media platforms where several career are taken and elevated by the influence of media. Former American president Barack Obama who used the internet to orchestrate the unprecedented political campaign mainly using social media as prime example, As such ,I am well aware that influence and leadership intertwined ,where one cannot exist without another

In primary school , I had a role of main leadership as a prefect in Young Jai Primary School Dodoma, whereby being an environmental prefect helped to ensure cleanliness throughout our environment by ensuring that all people who littered paper in the school compound were placed as watchers for other not to.
At secondary school, I was a leader in our fellowship session which was held every Sunday. I used to organize various sessions with different pastors in our vicinity to facilitate learning ,I also shared some of the sermon to facilitate learning. It was a part of insight too as it opened a deeper relationship with God.

At university, I found myself a leadership role as the class representative in my Developmental Studies session in my second year studies whereby I always used to find the venue and organize various seminar and find immediate supervisor of each seminars. Also I was a group leader throughout my fifth year clinical rotations such as surgery ad orthopaedics whereby I coordinated various session and organised bedside timetables with my seniors so as to facilitate learning. I have also done research concerning effective of pain medication in alleviating pain caused by dysmenorrhea among of secondary school girls.

Within the community however is where I enjoy exerting my influence as a leader ,because it has helped me to contribute toward the betterment of my society in my own little way .As a mentor at Huruma girls Secondary school I was able to guide young people in terms of professional and academic knowledge and mentoring. Currently I am working with the Nungwe home for the elderly to support them by donating food, clothes and some financial support

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15200  
Influence is a part of leadership qualities, but is not applicable to this prompt. Rather, influence is something that should be used to discuss your networking abilities as an applicant. That is what became clear to me while reading this essay. You are referencing networking rather than leadership abilities and functions in the presentation. This is not an English language test either so saying that you "strongly agree" means nothing to the reviewer. In fact, your definition of leadership does not matter to him in as much as your exemplary leadership skills, as narrated in this essay, would have been. While I understand that you are probably a fresh graduate who does not have workplace leadership skills yet, you must find a way to represent professional leadership skills on your end. The competitors are highly trained professionals with international leadership training at this point. You cannot compete with them if you will be referencing only academic and community based leadership skills. You can strengthen your community leadership skills presentation if you do not have professional skills to reference yet.

Home / Scholarship / Qualities of survival - Chevening leaders or influencers in their home country
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: