I have rassion, determination and discipline - CHEVENING essay

pinkslip222 1 / -  

Proving my leadership abilities

Hello everyone! I just finished this question and I hope you could help me with suggestions to polish my answer:

Passion, determination and discipline are three main characteristics that should define a leader. I strongly believe that they make someone stand out from the crowd since they work together as gears in an engine. Having a leader with these values will definitely benefit not only in personal terms, but also in academic and community ways.

Togetherness is what really defines community as a whole. This is true not only for the place we live in, but also for the place we study. During my first years of college, I realized things in campus were much disorganized and students were often misinformed and disoriented about events on campus. Because of my determined personality, I volunteered to join the students' council so that I could be able to bring adjustments and changes which led to a feeling of togetherness among students of my faculty, as I always believed that teamwork is better when it comes to creating an impact and making real changes.

In light of my initiative and my passion for taking care of the environment, I became part of a project related to recycling electronic parts since they are treated as simple garbage and this may bring fatal consequences for the environment and knowing that not much was being done in terms of legal actions to protect the environment and to provide for appropriate treatment of this type of waste, I proposed a course to be given to students on proper treatment of electronic parts. After receiving the approval by professors, I started raising awareness among students and requested them to join this course. As a result, instead of having only one course in one campus, this idea was also translated to other campus of the country.

Discipline is thought to be the paramount characteristic for anyone who wants to pursue their goals and to succeed. There was this time in which discipline allowed me to do two things simultaneously since both duties were crucial for my professional life. As a supply-chain assistant of one of the biggest retail companies in my country, I am responsible to ensure a proper stock level of products of my assigned categories in all the branches. However, there was a moment where the company went through a period of staff rotation. Because of this, I took the whole responsibility to keep my position and at the same time I was in charge of the negotiations with our suppliers. This experience enhanced my planning skills and coordination when sticking to the very strict agenda needed for retail companies to succeed.

Challenging situations with determination, passion and discipline will constitute the best preparation I could get to become an agent of change in my country. I am aware that in order to enhance my qualifications and strengthen my personality, I have to face as many obstacles as I can and using these tools at my time abroad if I become a Chevening scholar will enable me succeed.
Paz, Chevening is only interested in future leaders and influencers who can prove their ability to perform such tasks in a professional setting. They do not care for, nor is your college leadership skill and ability going to be able to help your application. The prompt is very clear about this. You need to prove that you have the ability to lead and influence the people that work under you. You need actual work experience representation in this case. The narration of which is required throughout the essay. Therefore, paragraphs 2 -3 are not useful to your application. However, the Supply Assistant position might be made relevant to your application if you work on showing how you were able to become a leader, and perhaps gain a promotion because of it, and how you influenced the people higher in command than you to retain you when the staff rotation order was in place. Those are 2 clear leadership and influencing instances that can be useful to your application. Work on expanding the depiction of how those things happened in this essay in order to create a prompt responsive presentation.

Home / Scholarship / I have rassion, determination and discipline - CHEVENING essay