SELF-INTRODUCTORY ESSAY FOR UNIVERSITY ADMISSION

relevant qualities for applying to GINOS

My name is Nilufar Khaydarova, an eighteen-year-old female living in Uzbekistan. It wouldn't be appropriate to say that this short period of existing hasn't given a chance to gain relevant experiences which have a huge influence in developing my own self.

I was born in Tashkent, in the capital of Uzbekistan yet all my relatives were residences of another city, namely, Samarkand. I had a colourful childhood visiting my grandparents and coming back to Tashkent, two unique cities differing from each other by dialects, mentality and the level of living. The reason why I have chosen this aspect of my life is that this experience of living in both cities made me behave myself always relying on my situation and people. I would feel myself a bit hypocrite for changing everything, starting from my language (Samarkandians prefer speaking in Tajik) to my attitude to others( I was more self-confident in my hometown as I was always regarded as a rich, city girl.). This experience helped me a lot every time i was a newcomer for being able to find the right qualities of myself to merge with whatever company.

I am the second child of two in my family being brought up by a single parent - mother who put all her efforts to turn me into an independent person to be able to stand for myself in any situation. This was a first step to develop some leadership, as a result of this, I learned how not to be my own guardian but for others too. I am a person of ready sympathy and ready vow to be strong. Being an intern in an organisation "Young Leaders Development Project" led me to advance this dignity much. Moreover, participating in various competitions such as "The Official Tashkent City Olympiad for advanced learners of English"(1st place), " The National University Olympiad for English Language Proficiency"(3rd place)" and having a participation letter in a couple of essay contests showed me to be good at words. The sophomore year of my high school studies were full of organising various clubs (Speaking Clubs, Movie club, Mock Exam for Ielts) and learning Mathematics to deepen the knowledge I have for olympiads.

Nonetheless, I always had a big circle of friends with unique backgrounds which makes me have a great sociability to be liked by each one of them. Despite being a bit overweight, I am often regarded as a charismatic person whose speeches can attract large audiences.

The more you seek for bad, the more you are in the darkness. Coming to the point of my dark sides, I would describe myself as a person having a difficulty with admitting the fault and agreeing with others. Both points put me in a position for multiple times, however, I am learning how to cope with them.

This is a brief description of my relevant qualities for applying to GINOS as a self-introductory essay.
adamalonzo123 2 / 3 1  
After reading, the last 3 paragraphs kind of threw me off. I am not sure if it is the wording or if I understood what you were saying. Maybe finding a way to make the sentences have better flow may make the conclusion better.
NILUFAR, there are no real qualities being presented in your essay aside from your bragging about certain personal aspects of your life. An appropriate self introduction exposes the reviewer to your personal life, your relevant educational background or training, and reasons why you feel that this course / line of study is the perfect program for you. Maybe I should walk you through the required elements of a personal introduction so you can get a better idea of how you should revise this essay.

The first paragraph is always the introduction to your family background. By family background, I mean only your immediate family. That means, you don't need to present any extended family members. You can explain that your mother is a single parent who raised the family on her own. You should explain how that situation came about though. That means, tell the reviewer where your father is at this point in time. The influence of your parents upon you is of the utmost importance in this background discussion because it helps the reviewer get an idea as to how you developed your personality.

You should then transition that paragraph into the second paragraph which will then discuss how the influences in your life, from your family to your education has helped you understand your place in this world. Be humble and optimistic. Don't brag about being an urbanized, rich girl. Instead, explain that you realize how different the lives of others could be from yours which is why you strive to help them whenever you can. From here. transition to your academic story.

The third paragraph about the academic story needs to only present the highlights of this part of your life, such as winning the olympiad. The development of your interest in this particular field may also be summarized or implied in this area as this is part of your self-introduction process. Finally, you can smoothly go into an introduction of how you came to hear about this university.

Use the final paragraph to explain what similarities you have with the core goals of the class you have chosen and how it applies to your professional and personal development. Explain in simple terms how this particular education will make a difference in your life and how you hope to use this knowledge in the future.

Once you present these elements, you can bet that you will have created an informative and appropriate self introduction essay.

Home / Scholarship / SELF-INTRODUCTORY ESSAY FOR UNIVERSITY ADMISSION