Solving problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them

elinka 1 / -  

young specialists with foreign diplomas are highly demanded in Ukrainian institutions

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am happy to apply for MA Economics of Globalisation and European Integration as I believe that I am the right person for this program. Let me prove it to you!

During my internship at the Committee for European Integration of Ukrainian Parliament, I decided to get a master's degree in economics and European integration because I feel that, along with practical skills, academic knowledge is necessary to become a high-qualified specialist. I intend to build my career in Ukrainian state institutions or international organizations specializing in international relationships, economic reforms and development. Although I attended seminars organized by the Council of Europe and Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine where I strengthened my knowledge about the European policy obtained at university, I assume that studying in Europe is a more efficient way to explore the economics of Europe. That is why I was so excited to find out that the host universities for 2017-2018 academic year are Atnwerpen University and Lille University, as I will be able to visit the European institutions that are located in Brussels or even take part in some of their events or projects. In addition, I will have a brilliant chance to improve my French which is now at the intermediate level.

I am sure that my Bachelor's degree in International Economics has formed the appropriate background for successful learning of Economics of Globalization and European Integration since I have successfully completed courses of Microeconomics, Econometrics, Finance, International Economics and European Integration at National Aviation University in Kyiv. In addition, I got enrolled into an online course of Globalisation by Leiden University at Coursera and accomplished a cycle of online lectures on civil education including public policy, lobbying, fighting against corruption and methodology of social researches at a Ukrainian platform for online education 'Prometheus'.

While I was studying in Ukraine I focused on integration processes and published articles about "Geostrategic priorities of Ukraine", "Free trade area between Ukraine and the EU", "Models of trade regimes of the UK after the Brexit", "Analysis of macroeconomic indicators of Greece during the integration with the EMU" and other. Now I would like to further deepen my knowledge of international trade and macroeconomics that is why I am highly interested in relevant courses of EGEI.

Apart from obtaining profound education, I wish to plunge into a multicultural atmosphere and become a part of the Erasmus family. I expect to extend my circle of friends and list of useful contacts with specialists in variable areas to collaborate with in the future. I am sure that being surrounded by educated and passionate people is the biggest inspiration for any researcher and I feel that I can contribute my energy and personal experience as well! Being an open-minded and easy-going person, I would be glad to present the Ukrainian culture and find out about the life in other countries as I understand that sharing experience is a significant part of international programs.

I would like to sum up my motivation letter with a famous quote of Albert Einstein: "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them". This could be implemented to the situation with the Ukrainian policy and public sector where fundamental reforms cannot be realized until the same people are in power and the same mechanisms are functioning.That is why young specialists with foreign diplomas are highly demanded in Ukrainian institutions. All in all, my studying in the EGEI program will not only enable me to obtain a qualitative education and be competitive in the labor market but will obviously help me think globally and be a person of varied attainments.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
Yours faithfully,
Elina Kupina
Elinka, the main problem with your motivation letter is that you do not have a clear presentation of the "motivation" behind your desire for higher education aside from travel and continued study. As an Erasmus Mundus scholar there is a certain expectation behind your motivation. That is, to let the scholarship committee know that you have an interest in socially or economically developing your country based upon a specific set of conditions. It seems to me that the information you have written here can already be found in your CV. So why are you repeating it in vivid detail in your motivation letter? Rather than repeating information, you should be developing the motivation for your studies by first, presenting the reason that you feel you have to pursue a higher field of study when you already have MS diplomas on hand. What is the particular problem with your country that you think additional training can help you resolve? I hope that you can find a way to develop a dissertation statement for presentation in this motivation letter. A simple statement of the question will be sufficient enough. You can delve deeper into that discussion in other essay requirements for the scholarship. As of now, we need to find an avenue of your skills that can set you apart from the other applicants because right now, you sound just like any other applicant for the scholarship. I am hoping you can stand out based upon the dissertation topic that you will be choosing.

Home / Scholarship / Solving problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them