Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

Statement of Interest for admission to the Japanese university as a student from Ukraine

toxyyx 1 / -  
Hello, I wrote something like this at the first time and I really need help. What should I remove and what should I add?
I have such requirements:
1.What is your current situation, and why are you applying for this opportunity?
2.What do you want to study at your preferred institution in Japan?
3.If you are accepted to this program, what is your plan after it ends in a year? Do you plan to apply to become a degree-seeking student at the host institution?

4.What is your plan after you complete your university education?
Thank you!

Statement of interest

Dear Admission Officer,
My name is N. I have graduated from N Lyceum Number One and I am student of Kharkiv State Social and Economic College. I am third year. I am writing to you for admission to a program "N".

On February 24, 2022, at 5:30 in the morning the townspeople of Lozova heard the first explosions. Then my grandmother told: "N, the war began, the Russians attacked us". I remember this day like it was yesterday. Constant moving and searching for a safe place, separation from friends and relatives began. This year I left my country because of war and that is why I am in Poland now. It is affected me. I understood that life is the most important thing that each of us has and unfortunately Ukrainians need to fight for the most important human right. Right to life. It seems like I have nothing anymore, like I lost everything. But can I say something like that when there are people who are fighting for my life in independent country? I understood that I have to stand up and fight for life together with my compatriots. I have to fight for the life of our culture and develop it too. Each person have to lay a brick for building our a strong national home ­ Ukraine.

My main goal is the development my country trough literature. From the childhood I have a passion - I love foreign languages and reading books. Before the onset of a full-scale war, I did not understand my purpose and was constantly looking for myself, but for a year now I have a specific goal and I am going towards it. Japan. Country of the sun. I remember when I discovered haiku poetry in literature class. Since then, I was really interested in Japanese art, in which I saw a special unique aesthetic. Then I immersed myself more and more in Japanese culture, and later I decided that I would find a teacher and learn the Japanese language.

I read a lot of Japanese works in English, but, unfortunately, not so much in Ukrainian, because we do not have many high-quality translations of the books of even the world-famous Haruki Murakami, not to mention less well-known Japanese artists. Knowledge is my oil that is why I want to apply it in the field of translation in order to enable Ukrainians to read more accurate translation of Japanese writers that will convey the atmosphere of the country and its cultural values.

I try to develop comprehensively that is why I have a lot experience in various creative fields. I already had experience in translating manga from English in an amateur translation team, and we published our works on the website, which is already well-known among fans of Asian comics.

At the lyceum, I was invited to take part in a competition in the exchange program and go to Britain, but, unfortunately, due to the family circumstances at the time, I was unable to participate. In fact, I was really sad that I lost this opportunity, but I do not give up and want to go further and develop.

I am applying for this opportunity because I see development and opportunities for myself in Japan. I am sure that after understanding Japan and Japanese people from the inside, I will be able to more accurately and perfectly implement my goals and plans in life. I realize that it can be hard but I see positive in something challenging. I see growth in something challenging. For example, I went to Poland and I can say nothing in Polish. It was hard when you are abroad and all people speak a different language but I started to learn polish and after some time I could speak Polish fluently and it was amazing. Learning Polish helped me meet new people, travel to unknown places and read new books in original language. Then I felt my personal growth.

If I am accepted to this program, after it ends in a year I plan to apply to become a degree-seeking student at the host institution to continue my education in the language and literature because I wanna grow as a specialist to enable Ukrainians read world literature, especially Japanese. I aim to fully invest in my studies to get the most out of the opportunities given to me.

When my studies are over, I plan to return to Ukraine and provide Ukrainian publishing houses with high-quality and perfect translation of Japanese work. I also aim to get know Japan from the inside and give Ukrainians the opportunity to get to know, this mystical and not so widely known country for them. Basically the only thing that my compatriots know about Japan is sushi, which they like to eat on various holidays and important dinners, but I want to give them the opportunity to understand Japanese culture better and for this I want to start working on my own book, where I will dispel all stereotypes about this country, so that more Ukrainian tourists think about how wonderful it would be to visit the land of the sun - Japan.

I looked through your website and I am sure that your university will help me on my way. . For these reasons I hope you will look favorably upon my candidacy. Could you also let me know if your school provides full financial aid for me because my family cannot afford to pay for the tution. Thank you for your time and help.

Sincerely, N

Home / Scholarship / Statement of Interest for admission to the Japanese university as a student from Ukraine