Sudden operation. Experiences and challenges of a female Embryologist. Chevening essay

kokotmtm 1 / -  

Leadership & Influence Question

Chevening is looking for individuals who will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your own leadership and influencing skills to support your answer.

Being a leader has a lot of challenges to face. People will observe how the leaders would behave and make their unique decisions that's why a leader should have a Sharp perception, knowing the area of weakness, response to the need's team and achieve goals upon strategies.

In my country especially in the countryside, it is hard to be a woman and live in our reality because most people lack awareness. Infertility is one of the most significant problems that a family could face, which will lead to a divorce or a second wife without solving the problem to avoid the embarrassment. Moreover, the society thinks that males are the main factor that will guide us to success particularly in medicine field studies. As a female Embryologist, I feel responsible to expand the awareness of the society and improve that female is effective in society. In addition, expanding the awareness of IVF by making lectures, having researches on ethical treatments that will save several of lives and follow up the results.

In one of my past job experiences when I was in the lab as a Junior Embryologist, there was an urgent operation. My lab director was stuck in a traffic. she believed in me and gave me the permission to prepare for the procedure by my own for the first time so I gathered my strength, prepared media for the procedure, welcomed the patient, told him some instruction to give a sample and took his personal details and his wife's, then I put the sample on hot stage to liquefy, after that I started the procedure until the lab director arrived, I was proud of myself.

As a person who has some leadership experiences, I believe that pursuing my dream, needs more skills, experiences and knowledge. Furthermore, studying in a high-ranking university is an important step toward it.
blueprincess 1 / 1  
Hello koko I suggest you shorten paragraph 2, and elabrate more on paragraph 3. in paragraph 3 you need to rewrite it to refkect how did you influence someone or made someone do something of your vision. good luck dear.
khadeejah , you only followed the orders of your superior in this essay. That is not indicative of a leadership skill. Knowing how to complete a procedure is not leadership either. There is nothing in this essay that creates a semblance of leadership and influencing. This is a useless essay that will get you disqualified from the running. You must write a totally new essay. One that showcases a professional leadership situation that has you taking the lead on a project, influencing team members to work together, and also, resulting in a successful undertaking. I can't ask you to use any portion of this essay because you have not written anything that qualifies as usable information for this particular prompt. Don't tell a story or define things. Show me how you act in situations where you are called upon to lead and make decisions for a group. Not a situation where you were ordered to follow a set protocol. That is what you did here, which is what made the essay present information different from what is required.

Home / Scholarship / Sudden operation. Experiences and challenges of a female Embryologist. Chevening essay