Swimming - Questbridge College Prep Scholars Program

gulfbreeze123 1 / 1  

Describe which single activity listed above represents your most meaningful commitment and why.

Swimming represents my passion because it gave me confidence to pursue the sport in the future. The swim team I worked with taught me that growth as a team provided the foundation for growth as an individual. We pushed each other, worked on each other's flaws, and encouraged each other during meets. The trust that I developed with my team enabled me to find my confidence and voice in the sport.
Your response represents a passion rather than a committment. A committment is something that would reflect your responsibility that would lead the screener to believe that you are well on your way to independence and adulthood. An example of a meaningful committment is volunteering several times a week, a few hours everyday at say, a local senior citizen home, a soup kitchen, or any activity that proves social responsibility as a form of committment.

Although there is a committment to the sport of swimming, it is not the appropriate type of committment for this prompt. What the screener will be looking for will be evidence of selflessness, a duty towards others, and / or the betterment of a community through your dedicated participation in the activity for reasons that are more personal rather than academic or social development centered.
OP gulfbreeze123 1 / 1  
Am I able to use my commitment to assist coaching volleyball teams in my response? I'm not sure what you mean by a meaningful commitment.
celbel 1 / 1  
@gulfbreeze123
Hi! I'm currently doing the same application and I think for this question focus especially on the numbers, explain how many hours a week this commitment took and show that you've worked hard through it manifesting in the time you put into the specific extracurricular. This is a really short answer so don't sweat it too much! but make sure you're answering it in its entirety.

Home / Scholarship / Swimming - Questbridge College Prep Scholars Program