'teaching assistant'; Essay for Master of Science

hunglk 2 / 1  
To be honest, I become a teaching assistant at University of Information Technology, a member of VietNam National University, for two reasons, the honor and research opportunity. I know I will never regret my decision because this decision led me to the world of Networking and Communications.

I am always curious about everything and taking courses simply cannot satisfy my curiosity. Thus, during my undergrad years, I seized every opportunity to explore further knowledge, especially network security and communication. First project that I do is to create a VOIP application on android smart phone. This program allows users to perform free calls with the same functionality as regular calls such as ringing, ring back, busy status, voice mail despite just a basic application. However, it has opened up for me a lot of research in the future. It is intuitive for me to ask: Why do not I apply it in practice? This question led me to the idea of my thesis.

In my senior year, I began my thesis led by Dr. Hong Hai Quang Dam. The goal of the thesis is to develop a methodology to manage taxi system and distribute the customer automatically. The innovation is to place a smart phone under each taxi to update information such as state, location, speed to a server. Server system is responsible for perform functions about management, display position of whole taxis on a map system, distribute of taxi customers to dynamically be based on the status and location of taxi. Then, rely on this system, we integrate VoIP phone in the client program to replace the radio in existing taxis. It implements communication function between management center and taxi. With this function, the manager center can also call one taxi or one group of different taxis through VoIP conference which we cannot do by the radio system. The result which I get was beyond my expectations. Our group has received 9.8 point. It is the highest score ever at our university. Besides, we have achieved the first prize in the competition "Mobile Innovation Challenge 2013". With these results, I have selected in MLab Incubation and acceleration program by MLab Asia, and Infodev held to train and develop management skill, communication in order to start up.

After graduation, I joined the team that develops the online learning system for the master course at my university as a team leader under the direction of Dr. Hong Hai Quang Dam. This is a teaching system which operates entirely on web platforms and video communication via a media server, allowing users to perform the same features as in the classroom as speech, homework on the table. Currently, the system has been put to use in practice. Orientation of this system in the future is to enhance picture quality and sound through the establishment of a new communication protocol optimized than the current RTMP protocol. In addition to, it can allow more media streams on the same channels and reduce bandwidth by compressing the data more effectively.

In today's world, more and more applications are developed for mobile devices and ever-increasing amount of communication happens over mobile devices and mobile networks. Though providing mobility and convenience, mobile devices generally do not offer intensive computations like their wired counterparts. In the future, I would like to continue my prior research on enhancing the quality of VoIP and streaming media on the mobile device. There are many issues that we have not yet fully explored; for example, the dependencies between the data encryption method and Quality of service. If too much emphasis on enhancing security will reduce the quality of service and vice versa. In addition, method that aims to protect video by using selective data encryption is also an interesting topic. Along with studying networking, I am also attracted to Artificial Intelligence. In fact, many techniques in AI, such as Bayesian Classifier, are very useful on solving this problem.

Now, I'm studying at John Von Neumann institute to lead to double diplomas: Master of Science in Computer Science from HCMUS, and Master of Science from Telecom which is one of the most prestigious and top five graduate engineering schools in France. Its Master of Science program is suitable with my research in the future. Thorough understanding, I know that I can design my own master's following my passion. I have a lot of choice of electives in ICT, so I can select a lot of subject focus on my design. Moreover, Telecom has a lot of research laboratories with modern equipment to help me contact with modern technology. I can use the real device to test new network protocol, application or set up a network system instead using simulation software. Eurecom in Sophia Antipolis has a lot of students come from Vietnam. Therefore, it will help me adapt with new environment easily.

With the urge to know more about this world and seeking for the opportunity to explore further in the field of computer network, I have well prepared myself with core curricula in the field of Network Security and Communication at Telecom. Base on the clear path, passionate and desire which I have determined. I started planning for myself when studying French to be able to get it done:

- Focus on security research in VoIP and video streaming on smart phones based on the project was done and learned knowledge to be able to publish the scientific paper. It will provide a good basis for being PhD candidate.

- Develop the e-learning system and VoIP applications based on knowledge of the subjects in the master program. Specifically, there are to enhance security in communication via secure communication subject, building standards optimal data compression for image data transmission and video compression via image and video compression and processing subject.

- Focus on developing soft skills, especially the ability of innovation relies on a lot of subjects in master curriculum such as innovation and new product development subject, personal development and team leadership subject.

- Develop research skills to enhance scientific knowledge for myself.
- Learning the views or methods of teaching in France to serve in teaching later
After finishing my master's program, I will try my best to become the PhD candidate. Scholarship from Telecom is for me the pass to success. I do sincerely hope that my excellence academic performances and interpersonal leadership skills match with your expectations for scholarship.
kikiliyik 12 / 35 2  
" because this decision led me to " ( S+V agreement)
"I am always curious about everything and taking courses simply cannot satisfy my curiosity"..( I am always curious, but taking courses...)
To be honest, I become a teaching assistant at University of Information Technology, a member of VietNam National University, for two reasons, the honor and research opportunity.

Why do you say "to be honest"? I think it is irrelevant. They never doubted your honesty :D I like you rephrase this line to exclude that part :)

I had couple of objectives to become a teaching assistant at the University of Information Technology, a member of VietNam National University; Honor and Research opportunities.

I know I will never regret my decision because this decision led me to the world of Networking and Communications.

Today I am very happy for taking this decision because it introduce me to the world of Networking and Communications.

Home / Scholarship / 'teaching assistant'; Essay for Master of Science