In UWC I will represent my country and share my culture and tradition, help it in any way possible.

schoolboy124 3 / 5 1  
I am a UWC applicant. This is my essay as a practice.
I am not so good at English. But i have tried. I hope to receive feedback and suggestion very soon. It will be a great help.Thank you!!

The title is:
Please write an essay of not more than 300 words explaining why you are interested in attending a UWC and reflecting on UWC's mission and values, what you might contribute to the school/college and what you would hope to gain from the experience.

Last June my brother texted me from the USA, told me about UWC and "definitely" applying. Then I thought, my destiny is about to roar in glee. It felt like I was about to knock the door of a place where I actually belonged. I am interested in attending a UWC. A travel buff and a nature freak like me who can't afford going abroad can get a chance to explore the world. I will get the taste of a diverse community where I learn to respect others and celebrate cultures. I will learn important instincts and skills. I will be inspired to team and lead and serve. I will get excellent undergraduate placements. Honestly, my family will economically sustain.

If I become a part of UWC, I will represent my country and share my culture and tradition. I will learn to care for this earth. I will be a productive member of the school engaged in clubs, forums and services with dedication and commitment. I will respect other and their opinions. I will appreciate their talents and skills. I will share my understanding for wellbeing of everyone. As a potential student, I might also take new initiations or start new programs and clubs which is genuine and benefits everyone.

I hope that UWC will discover my strengths and weaknesses. It will inspire me to contribute and serve. I hope it will teach me the complexity of this world and motivate me to be a part in changing it. I hope I get to use my skills to bring changes in my society and make differences. I hope this experience will last for my entire life. I hope UWC resides in my heart with all my wishes and gratitude and I shall help it in any way possible.

Total words:298
Pravin, I am impressed by your desire to develop your writing skills prior to filling out your student application essays. Using the actual prompt itself for your written essay practice will be an added benefit to your essay when the time comes. That said, there is something that you should know about UWC before you proceed with your practice essays.

The UWC essays are quite specific and requires you to show a clear understanding of what UWC stands for and its mission and objectives. Therefore, you should do some heavy research on UWC, take note of the important aspects of UWC in terms of its set up, academic ambition for its students, social objectives, and international purpose. All of that information can be found in the website of UWC. Just run a Google search in order to find it.

If I were you, since I will be doing the intricate research required already, and you seem to have a source for the UWC essay prompts, turn your practice test into the real thing. Don't just practice, condition yourself to the mindset that you are writing the actual application essay already. That way the practice that you will be doing will prove to be useful at the end.
Pravin, I'd like to share my thoughts on your essay.

I believe you have a well written essay, it's full of hopes to be with an institution that will hone your academic and professional expertise as well as give you the education that is par with the best institutions in the country.

I wish you had a few more word limit because you can definitely write some more and the word restriction is just limiting your capability on writing a stronger one, however, they put the word limitations to also guide you and refrain from writing unnecessary information that may mislead the purpose of your essay.

I wish you all the best on your application and do let us know what happens, we'd love to hear from you.

Home / Scholarship / In UWC I will represent my country and share my culture and tradition, help it in any way possible.