"Academics and interesting people" - UCF Admission

mohamz10 1 / -  
Why did you choose to apply to UCF?

I've been living I Orlando for almost 10 years now, and since I started going to school here Ive always heard positive outputs about the University of Central Florida. Since then I knew this is the college I wanted to attend. As I got older that dream of attending UCF was coming closer. The pros of going to this University are endless. I only have to drive 30 min to get to campus and, the amenities of the beautiful campus. There is an enormous recreation center with a workout gym and basketball courts. I've played in a number of basketball tournaments at the UCF education building and whenever I go I love to see the campus and all the facilities including the courts. Not only the courts but students get the opportunity to do some many activities on campus. For example, UCF has rock climbing, swimming pools, indoor tracks, basketball courts, soccer fields, and intramural sports which hopefully I will play when I attend.

My decision to apply to UCF was not just of the campus and facilities, it was because of the activities and the atmosphere of the campus. I am a big sports fan and knowing UCF is a Division 1 program I can root for all the teams and show my school spirit. Furthermore, there are so many extracurricular activities to do around campus. There's never a reason to have nothing to do. Not to mention the atmosphere at the school. There are so many different kinds of people who attend the University which makes it so unique. You get to meet a lot of interesting people while attending.

Most importantly, I decided to apply to UCF because of its academics. This school is a top notch school with a very good reputation of it academics. Not only does it have a hospitality school, it has many other graduate schools to pursue a successful career. Personally, I want to pursue a career in medicine and knowing that by attending this university I have a chance to go their medical school as well. The medical school is still new but people already know it's top of the line when you people all over the country rushing to apply to it. You do not see many schools with top notch academics and have tremendous grad school programs.

This school offers so much I just hope I have enough to enjoy it all when I attend. I hope to attend UCF to get strong core academics, further my career by attending the medical school and making many wonderful memories I can cherish at this wonderful university which exceeds at every aspect of it.

Please Review this admissions essay and tell how to improve on it. Thanks!
raza68 5 / 23  
yeah, I think you should talk about a certain class or maybe a want to research (or something like that). Expand on that and you should be good! Good luck!!

Home / Undergraduate / "Academics and interesting people" - UCF Admission