Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

I will accept any of the disadvantages - Personal statement

joy 1 / -  
I'm applying to Seattle University and I need to write a min 250 words of essay. The question is to address my reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve. This personal statements has to demonstrate my abilities to organize my thoughts and express myself.

I think that my essay is very messy, please help me review it. Thank you in advance.

When I was a child, I always company my mother to her small private beautician company and watching her work. I started to help a little with her work when I was in my senior high school years which I really enjoy it, giving out several ideas on how to advertise her products, checking inventories, greets the customers, and supervising her employees. At that time I thought that I will be majoring in nutrition because I can help my mom's company with my knowledge, but then I realized that I want to help my mom not as a nutrition but as a business woman. This experience had given me the idea to own and manage my own business someday and to develop it to global business market. Thus, I set the first step on how to achieve my goal which is to pursue international business and management program at Seattle University.

First, I wasn't sure where I should gain my knowledge but all I have always wanted is to be able to experience the best academic and social aspects. All my friends chose out of Washington state universities so I try to look for those universities too because I don't want to be separated with them. However none of those universities really interested me until I come across to Seattle University, I immediately know this is the university I was looking for. I interested in everything it has to offer, especially the international business and management program because it is what I will major in. I believe the business program in Seattle University will help me to achieve my goal.

I believe that you have to be able to speak more than 1 language and have to be eager to learn other cultures if you want to take international business program. Thus, Seattle University who has more than forty percent is non-Hispanic (white) is a great place for me to learn other cultures and I will be able to meet people with different personalities, beliefs, and ethnic backgrounds. In addition, Seattle University provides study abroad programs which is a great opportunities for international business program' student to gain some experiences from real place. It also has International Business clubs which is a beneficial for me. Another reason I chose Seattle University is because of the location which located 10 minutes from downtown. The location is plus, as Seattle University provides work study opportunities for business students it seems to present many job opportunities and internships for students because it has a strong reputation with local businesses such as Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon.com, Costco and etc. Finally I spoke to a friend who went to Seattle University; he said that it is a great learning environment because of the perfect class sizes which allowed all the students receive personal and private education from the professor. Most of the professors assure the students their own experience, knowledge, and tips that you can't find in the textbook.

As I decided to enroll at Seattle University I have set my mind that I will accept any of the disadvantages. Although I have to set myself apart from my friends, I'm sure I will be fine since I will face a new world and meet lots of new friends and receive more that what I have lose. All these reasons make Seattle University as my first choice among all other universities. I hope that I can attain my goal with the all the knowledge, experience, and lesson that I receive from Seattle University's program.

Home / Undergraduate / I will accept any of the disadvantages - Personal statement