"Attending the lyceum without any idea"- experience, achievement, risk you have taken

uzb_ulugbek 2 / 4  
Dear All! this essay is for Common Application. Please provide me with your feedbacks and so do I. Thank you Very much!

Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and discuss its impact on you.

These past three years have given me the experiences which dramatically shaped my worldview and values. Attending the lyceum without any absolute idea in the first year and being so far away from my home and friends, everything seemed very boring to me. I was very timid and self-esteem there. I did not get into among the people and all the time I was with all my thoughts and the thing that I used to do was looking at people and cars' moving through the window of the lyceum. The desire to communicate others was very low that I even could not dare to talk friendly to others. I knew no one of students except my group mates and my cousin in another one. The weekends were my lovely days as I went home and saw my family and friends, but weekdays moved on slowly and boring. Every day my eyes saw usual events and people without any challenge but, my heart was waiting calmly a change which could change my entire life.

I began to get used to being there as a sophomore and no other event changed and cultivated my personality, but taking part in the club "X". It was an open club and gave a chance to members to show abilities and unique features. There I found it very essential and helpful and began to spend my free times. Extending friends and making the relationships tight with them became my first aim. My communication skills changed dramatically that I began to make pleasant conversations with others. This betterment assisted me to know more about various people's mannerism, as I tried to be among strange people most of time. Watching their actions, I understood how they behaved and can be encouraged by a person. This helped me to attract their attention easily in most of the meetings and debates. Working with all members and dedicating to improve the club we established vigorous connection among the participants. We helped to one another in every tough situation to find possible solutions and as a result, attempting together as a whole group led us to build up stabile friendship.

I also intensified my optimism while being in this club. We partook in several competitions and performances with other clubs in last two years in many places of the city and although, some were very difficult to win I never lost my desire to win these and that gave me much effort to dedicate tenaciously to the victory. Once, we competed with three clubs which were known as the best of bests among lyceums. Some members were sure about our failure and lost their desire to victory, but I did not give up my hope, motivated the members, endeavored much enough, did my best to lead them and as a consequence we took the 1st place. Nonetheless, we did not win all contests. Sometimes we failed, but these failures lead us to learn our weaknesses and how to overcome. With determination, zeal and aspiration we cultivated and strengthened our abilities since working on the mistakes we had done before. In a short period of time, with the struggle of members, we were capable of getting rid off our most of foibles and meliorating the status of the club.

I know that by going to a lyceum or participation to a club a person never can create and amend all abilities at once that need to be a real person. But a person must use all opportunities to accomplish goals. Little chances lead to perfectness if a person knows how to acquire these. I realized that to satisfy all my curiosity the tremendous desire is enough as a basic thing. I know obstacles always rise on the way of mine towards great goals but creativity, leadership qualities, ability to work as a team, tenaciousness, optimism and intense wish help me as do my two hands and brain. So, from this I am determined to pursue my targets so that I can enhance my abilities and skills to hold an entity position in society and will try to overcome all my weaknesses and threats by persevering. I know that the road ahead will not be easy for me, but I never stop on one point. I need to move on in order to reach my goals. My success in the future lies in my own hands and for this I should take the next big step.
I did not get out among the people much, and most of my time was spent alone with my thoughts, watching people and cars moving past the window of the lyceum.

The desire to communicate with others was so low that I even could not dare to talk friendly to others.

I knew no one of students except my group mates and...

I began to get used to being there as a sophomore and no other event changed and cultivated my personality more than taking part in the club "X".

It was an open club which gave a chance for members to show abilities and unique talents .

There I found it very essential and helpful and began to spend my free time there .

My communication skills changed so dramatically that I began to make pleasant conversations with others.

This is a good essay with a good subject. I corrected some of the grammar, but no one will fault you for not having perfect English.

Good luck in school and have fun. :)

Home / Undergraduate / "Attending the lyceum without any idea"- experience, achievement, risk you have taken