Beauty and the sense of community; Why Carleton?

omigayy 1 / -  
I wrote two passages on this topic and actually quite dissatisfied with both of them.

1
Why Carleton? The initial and simplest reason - the campus is too beautiful. When I skimmed the campus photobook on Carleton's website, I was immediately enchanted. The golden autumn, the animate arboretum, the serene lakes... No way! I couldn't help but imagine day and night how my life would be studying in Alice's wonderland.

Wait, there is more! "The sense of community is very noteworthy in Carleton", a senior emphasized. Individualistic and elitist as our society has become, I am desperate for a big warm dynamic family besides academic atmosphere. I always believe it is the environment other than lessons that shapes a person more, and when I found Carleton, I knew I found my Mr. Right.

2
Why Carleton? Honestly, I can't give a specific, profound answer.

Carleton is like a first-met guy who I have a crush on but do not know. I cannot help picturing me taking photos of the scenic campus, tossing my first Frisbee to the Bald Spot with my future BFF and doing my first broadcast as a DJ of KRLX-FM 88.1. Mountainous descriptions of small things build a vivid image of Carleton I desperate to experience.

Just give me a chance, and I will prove that we are meant to be together.

Can anyone give some advice and help me improve them?
THX :)
shmegg 7 / 26 1  
The initial and simplest reason - the campus is too beautiful. When I skimmed the

LIE. Say the beauty drew you in like cheese to a mouse, but the academics and diversity sealed it with the snap of the mouse trap.
celeste_07 1 / 2  
Mention why you would be a good candidate for the campus and what Carleton will offer you (like their good education programs, internships, etc.)
Hope that helps, and good luck!
Ariel421 3 / 15 1  
Down to earth students/Dedicated Faculty/HOPE Centre; Carleton College/ Why Carleton?

Why are you interested in Carleton College and how did this interest develop? Characters 500

Carleton struck me as unique when I learned her tenet of letting students know their lives. As I progressed with my lengthy college search, Carleton won my heart with her down-to-earth students and dedicated faculty. I look forward to being inspired by humble, yet amazing Carls. The abundant volunteer opportunities will enable me to continue my passion of giving: joining the HOPE Center shall equip me with the skills and knowledge to reach my goal of empowering disadvantaged women and children.

Can anyone give me some suggestions? And please be as harsh as you can! I'll be happy to critique yours if you critique mine.:)
nightowl 3 / 4  
I think your essay is concise yet conveys your ideas very clearly. It's great.

Home / Undergraduate / Beauty and the sense of community; Why Carleton?