My Big Discovery- UVa Supp/ Stilling moment

WizFan2 5 / 20 1  
Prompt: In 2006, graduate student Robert Stilling discovered an unpublished poem by Robert Frost while doing research in U.Va.'s Small Collections Library. Where will your Stilling moment be in college?

My Stilling moment will be late night in my dorm, Dr. Pepper in hand to keep me awake because I can't drink coffee, endlessly scrolling between Yahoo Finance and MSN Money for financial information on a potential company to invest in. Finding a breakout stock is no easy matter, so that final moment of discovery will be the culmination of countless nights of research. Sleep deprived, red, itchy eyes, unwilling to leave the computer is an accurate description of me most nights when looking for the next big stock. My interest in the stock market was sparked in fifth grade when the entire class was entered into a stock market competition. Although I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, the idea of making money based off of numbers going up and down on a computer intrigued my ten year old mind. Most Indian parents tell their kids to be either a doctor or engineer, but from that point on I knew I wanted to work in the finance industry. Seven years, countless books read by famous investors, and numerous stock market simulation games later, I have had success in making money, but never in real life. For that reason, my adaptation of Robert Stilling finding the Frost Poem will be turning a real profit. Although my moment will not be as well-known as Stilling's discovery, it will be one of that comes with huge personal satisfaction because it will be my self-validation that my future is somewhere on Wall Street.
OP WizFan2 5 / 20 1  
Thanks! Does it look good content wise?
jkjeremy - / 380 72  
That all depends. There's not tons of content here for me to judge.

What's the length requirement on this thing?

Also, what's the entire prompt?
OP WizFan2 5 / 20 1  
Limit is 250 words, and that is the entire prompt
jkjeremy - / 380 72  
Sorry so late in responding...

First off, I think they might want more of an "academic" moment. Still, I've done some editing below. There are two awkward sentences that requires attention (the green ones), but I have an appointment with another student in eight minutes so I can't get to it now.
OP WizFan2 5 / 20 1  
Thanks a lot of the help, I really appreciate it.
lallen828 - / 1  
Your Stilling moment in college - help with the topic

To tweet or not to tweet?

In 2006, graduate student Robert Stilling discovered an unpublished poem by Robert Frost while doing research in U.Va.'s Small Collections Library. Where will your Stilling moment be in college?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?!?!
Silentium 1 / 6 1  
Well..it's weird =)
I think they want to know did you found or discover smth while you was studying in college. May be you made research and found new interesting facts or you made interesting conclusion..

I am not sure but I think it connected

Home / Undergraduate / My Big Discovery- UVa Supp/ Stilling moment