"Birthday"/ Joy it brought to my childhood; What is your favorite word and why?

valeriadavila01 9 / 17 2  
I want to say that "Birthday" is my favorite word, because I remember how much joy it brought to my childhood..
and then I want to transition to how it changed from wanting gifts at age 5 to wanting to be 16 to drive, 18 to be an adult, etc.

Lastly, I want to say how it will be like in the future; for example, I want to be like what will it be at age 40...will I be excited or scared of aging?

The thing is...what does this show of my character?
How would I even start this?
Sorry for all the questions, but I really would love some feedback.
katev 18 / 120 24  
This is a good word to choose. You can make a lot of things of it. You just have to spin it into a character trait. Maybe, you like to think to the future (expecting birthdays) and it always gives you something to look forward to. You have become a more motivated and positive person because of your love for birthdays... I'm not sure if this is true, but you need to spin your story in a similar way!
xamanda 8 / 21 2  
Not sure if this is what you're going for, but what I picked up on was that you like something constant amongst all the change. You're open to change, but it's nice to have familiarity. Also, you seem like a cheerful and festive person. Again, not sure if this is what you're going for, but this is what I think about you after reading your idea!

How would I even start this?
Personally, I think an anecdote would make a good hook for this essay. Maybe something with hearing "Happy Birthday"?

I think this is a great idea. Good luck! :)
malaikaiyer 6 / 13 4  
I think its a really good concept. Just don't make it too intricate because of word limits. Layout your work, and it should fall in place. Good luck! Would you please help me with mine?
OP valeriadavila01 9 / 17 2  
Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate it! Haha, yes I am a pretty festive and cheerfule person..and definitely postive! :)
I can't thank you guys enough! Really thank you!

Home / Undergraduate / "Birthday"/ Joy it brought to my childhood; What is your favorite word and why?