Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'The boogie man' -Texas App/ Someone who made an impact on me

Zahra567 2 / 2  
The Topic is: Write an essay in which you tell us about someone who has made an impact on your life and explain how and why this person is important to you. This is just a rough draft or foundation for my essay I would really appreciate any help in grammer, comments on the quality of the essay, and help in amping it up. Thank You!

The person that has had an impact on my life is someone that I had always feared as child, someone that pushed me to overcome, some one that does not exist. As a child, every night as I got ready for bed fear would fill my heart, chilling thoughts would pile up in my mind, and butterflies would fill my stomach. While getting dressed for bed, my eyes would be tied to my feet from the fear that said person would grab them and drag my fear struck being under my bed. This person that has had an impact on my life is the monster under the bed. He is mostly familiarly known, as the one and only boogie man.

There were many moments as a child when I didn't know how to deal with fear. There were people who helped me, my parents and older brother who told me that this creature did not exist. But in truth, they were wrong. As a child, the boogie man is someone who lives under your bed waiting to grab you. As we grow older, the boogie man is something else. Something even scarier than what children imagine him to be, he is stress. Whether it be the stress of college applications, SAT, school, or relationships. The boogie man lives in all of us. He takes us over and grabs our feet when we are distracted for just a second.

The boogie man made an impact on my life very early on. He scared me into facing my fear. One day I gathered up the courage and looked under the bed and saw that the boogie man was not there. He was just something that I concocted in my head. Similar to the boogie man the stress that we undergo is not something that it is put upon us by an outside force. Stress is something that we concoct in our head that scares us. One thing that I have been stressing out about is college applications. I keep asking myself the same questions. What if I don't get in to the college of my choice? What if I'm not qualified enough? What if I'm choosing the wrong path for myself major wise? What if my essay is the thing that keeps from getting in? I finally realize that all this stress that has filled my life is just all in my head and that in the end everything will work out if I face my fear. The boogie man taught me that if I never try I'll never know and I'll never succeed. If I never got up the courage to look under my bed to see that he really was just in my imagination I might still me scared of him today. I now know that if I don't face my fears and let go of the stress that tries to overcome my life I won't get anywhere. That is why I know that the boogie man has made a significant impact on my life. Without him I would never know how to overcome my fears, let go of stress, and keep moving forward.

Home / Undergraduate / 'The boogie man' -Texas App/ Someone who made an impact on me