Brown RD Essay- Wisdom through Humility

AU0594 15 / 31  
This is a complete rough draft, so please be harsh!!! thanks, anything will be appreciated :)
Brown: We all exist within communities or groups of various sizes, origins, and purposes; pick one and tell us why it is important to you, and how it has shaped you. (1000 characters)

I'm a member of an organization that has pledged abstinence until marriage. To me it isn't a matter of sexual immorality or religious fanaticism, though I'm an avid Christian. It's a matter of following rules, and God commands abstinence until marriage. The 21st century society is characterized and often revered for rejecting rules deemed ludicrous and unnecessary. However, I wear my purity ring to state my opposing view. It's facile to detect why one must abide certain rules; a.e. speed limits, parents curfews. But what about mandates that don't seem to have the common good in mind, like tax laws? Many people find loopholes around them, self-excusing their actions because "the law was unjust". Jesus himself once said "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's," referring to the unfair Roman tax law. My abstinence pledge represents the importance of abiding the mandates imposed by those one is inferior to; it builds wisdom through humility.
caiti4 1 / 1  
I think maybe you should focus more on how it has shaped you as a person like with examples. Also, I don't agree with your opinion but I still enjoyed your essay and its examples :)
maroon5 9 / 57  
Okay, while i strongly disagree with your perspective on things, i do admire your style of writing and ability to express yourself....also, just try and include more about your own personality...GOOD JOB AND GOOD LUCK

PLEASE LOOK OVER MY COMMONAPP ESSAY

Home / Undergraduate / Brown RD Essay- Wisdom through Humility