The 911 call. How did you manage the situation when something didn't go according to plan?

fghibban 1 / 1  
Tell us about a significant challenge you've faced or something that didn't go according to plan that you feel comfortable sharing.

How did you manage the situation?

Four summers ago, I returned from school with my younger brother, as usual. It was Ramadan. My brother and I would pass the time by playing soccer in our backyard since we were both fasting. We heard strange screaming and wailing after around 20 minutes of playing. "Let's go inside and see what's causing the noise," I tell my brother. My brother tells me that he hears screaming from our next-door neighbor's windows as we both stare out the windows. We remained there for 5 minutes until we noticed this lady running to the window, crying and shouting, and kept pounding on the window, yelling "Please help me!" She became aware of our presence through the window and cried with a weary voice, "Call the cops please." Someone from behind her grabbed her by the back of her hair, closed the window, and drew the curtains closed as soon as she said, "Help us." My entire body froze at that point. I call 911 and inform the operator that my neighbor has requested help. Two police cars arrived after 20 minutes. My brother and I were both staring intently out the window. "Open up, the cops are outside." There was a period of silence before the lady screamed again and the officers smashed down the front door. The lady turned out to be an addict to drugs. I told my mother everything that happened hours later. "You are really brave for what you did," my mother says.
This narration sounds too fictionato have happened in reality. Too many elements to fulfill the presentation requirements are missing even as the story would have made for an interesting short amateur film. The reviewers will be left with more questions than answers if you use this. They may consider it a tall tale from an imaginative mind. It is missing character development. The narration is so detached, the event could have actually happened to someone else with the narrator as a witness to what transpired. It would be better if the applicant used a different story that shows a sense of growth, the development of character, or the maturation of a mindset. This essay though interesting in narrative, misses out on the actual point of the prompt.
OP fghibban 1 / 1  
Im being honest that this story did happen to me and also I don't get by character development. The question asked a situation that I handled I don't get how my character must go through a development.

Home / Undergraduate / The 911 call. How did you manage the situation when something didn't go according to plan?