1000 Character Common App Question--Piano

yehitsjonathan 2 / 2  
Is my response relevant to the question? I feel like it's to artsy. Should I be more direct? Any other advice?

Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum).

The keys are lined up in a uniform fashion, one by one, 88 in total. White keys are polarized by the mysteriously black keys. They glisten in the sun as I play the works of the greats in history, Debussy's Arabesque No.1. To some, this may be an ordinary piano, but to me, it is a time machine. As my fingers begin to dance across the keys, the sound that reverberates out of the piano brings me to the year 1891: the Romantic era, a time of emotional expression as tempo rubato suggests. Suddenly, my left hand transforms into a rabbit as it hops around the bass line as my right hand climbs the melody of the treble. Now, it is 1907. Scott Joplin and Louis Chauvin's Heliotrope Bouquet bursts into the room with effervescent ambition that conjures up a warm smile in my face. I am surrounded by merrymakers, cowboys, sheriffs all clanking their glasses at the local saloon. It is with the short pop of the last chord that brings me back to the present. Reality is restored and I am back in my teal-green living room.
cgivens6 1 / 2  
and sheriffs , and I'd say find a way to maybe make the last two sentences flow together better.

But this is beautiful, and I think the rest is excellent! Totally inspiring.
Great job, and good luck!

Home / Undergraduate / 1000 Character Common App Question--Piano