BU short essay; I have chosen to proceed with our forbidden love

littlekitty 1 / 1  
Short Essay: In a few sentences, please tell us why BU is a good fit for you and what specifically has led you to apply for admission?

Born in New Jersey, I grew up a die-hard Yankees fan, automatically creating a hatred towards the Red Sox. Since BU is a five minute drive from Fenway Park, I always assumed I should hate it as well. Yet after doing research on BU, I found myself developing a forbidden love for it. The university provides rich diversity, enabling students to participate in enriched discussions, encounter new viewpoints, and broaden their own beliefs, all important for me as a political science major. Additionally interested in law, I can further understand the subject on a global perspective through BU's semester-abroad programs. I have a secret desire to create a love story like Romeo and Juliet, so despite disapproval from Yankee fans, I have chosen to proceed with our forbidden love.

Someone please offer their opinion or advice about this. I'm not sure if I showed enough about myself or about why I want to go to BU. I feel as if it is sort of corny as well. Idk! Also I know there's several grammar mistakes somewhere in this so please help fix that!!!

Thanks.
rockbiter 1 / 16  
BornBeing born in New Jersey, I grew up a die-hard Yankees fan, automatically creating a hatred towards the Red Sox. Since BU is a five minute drive from Fenway Park, I always assumed I should hate it as well. Yet after doing research on BU, I found myself developing a forbidden love for it. The university provides rich diversity, enabling students to participate in enriched discussions, encounter new viewpoints, and broaden their own beliefs,; all important for me asbeing a political science major. Additionally, interested in law, I can further understand the subject on a global perspective through BU's semester-abroad programs. I have a secret desire to create a love story like Romeo and Juliet, so despite disapproval from Yankee fans, I have chosen to proceed with our forbidden love.

The sentence about law is kind of confusing. "The subject" is a little misleading on what it is actually referring to. I think that this is a good start, but it doesn't explain WHY BU. Any other college can have enriched discussion, new viewpoints, and broadening beliefs... those are important for you major, but it can happen anywhere. I believe it's too generic. I would go more in depth on WHY BU and not your major.

Home / Undergraduate / BU short essay; I have chosen to proceed with our forbidden love