I didn't know which way I should proceed with my education; Transfer Essay

Shugz20 3 / 4  
When I saw how my classmates crossed the graduation stage, it felt like I was nearly the only one who didn't know which way to proceed with my education. Friends had already made plans and went off to four year universities to pursue their dreams. I felt lost and hopeless because I didn't know what I wanted to pursue. Also, I would hope one day to follow the same steps as some of my friends and know what I want to pursue.

Enrolling at a two year Community College gave me the opportunity to shift through different areas of study, and take as many courses that I needed to find my interest. But, even with the courses given that are helpful for me to find an interest; I am also looking forward to having a helpful community. I believe that if I am part of a big community, then it can help create groups and in those groups many things can be shared such as our knowledge and our perspectives on other careers. Being in a group and hearing people out can help me with my decision of a career. Having a big community is very essential to education and I believe that the University of Connecticut will help provide me with the helping community.

Earlier during the summer I had started volunteering in a Rehabilitation Center which had grabbed my interest and made me realize that I want to continue something like this in school. Finally, I realized that I want to participate in health clubs more and resume in the same environment that I was during my volunteer hours. The interest that I have in the health clubs can help me move closer to my career. Moreover, I had realized that a class will not only help me find an interest, but I need to be part of an activity club, do hands on work, and actually see how the environment feels for me to be interested. I want to attend a school where I can be active, be part of a group, and show leadership in a group where I think I will accomplish a lot.

Furthermore, the University of Connecticut has a special memory loss group that I am looking forward to being part of. This group is called the Alzheimer's club. The club has involvement in walkathons, personal interactions with patients who are affected, and holds events to help raise money. Club members also get involved by asking questions, sharing their own experiences, and an opportunity to help develop friendship with the peers who are affected. I want to join this group because I want to experience how others manage through pain, how I can provide help to these patients, and how it can help me choose the career I want to pursue in the future.

I love the fact that the University of Connecticut has many health clubs. I want to take full advantage of University of Connecticut because I believe that it will help me find my goal of success with the help of the community and the health clubs that are available. Moreover, it will help me believe that the University of Connecticut will definitely help me succeed in a profession that will hold my interest throughout my professional life.
When I saw how my classmates crossed the graduation stage, it felt like I was nearly the only one who didn't know which way toI should proceed with my education.

When I saw my classmates crossing the graduation stage with pride and determination, I wondered whether it is only me who wasn't sure of which way I should proceed with my education.

Well, telling them that you are not so sure about your interest may sometimes get them to form a negative opinion about you. Having the company of a bigger community would not be sufficient for you to find out your interest in studies. It should come from you and you need to understand yourself better for that matter. Hope you give some thought about this fact.

Home / Undergraduate / I didn't know which way I should proceed with my education; Transfer Essay