coffee -- Note to your Roommate -- Stanford essay question

Doom 13 / 37 2  
Here is my attempt at the room mate question. Please tear apart as you wish!

Thanks in advance :)

"Virtually all of Stanford's undergraduates live on campus. Write a note to your roommate that reveals something about you or that will help your roommate-and us-know you better"

I love coffee. I love it in nearly any form, from the simple Americano to the more complex Café Breva; from the classic Cappuccino to the infamous Hammerhead.

But don't think of me as your typical caffeine junkie! I find it almost scandalous when people say coffee is simply to provide energy for those lethargic mornings and tiring all-nighters. To me, coffee serves as a respite from a rather hectic life. I maintain one of the busiest schedules I know of. Between running from class to class, preparing the agenda for my charitable organizations group to editing articles for my science magazine, there never seems to be a moment of peace.

Coffee offers some sanity in a rather frenetic life. It gives me a brief moment where I can just kick back and smell the delicious scent of the mocha in my hands, without worrying about any upcoming deadlines or pending projects. It serves as a relief, and even gives me a different outlook of the world. Even a person's personality can be likened to coffee. A man of simplicity and curtness is a simple drip brew, a black coffee with no milk; a brew that gets things done with minimal fuss. The quirky people would be eccentric Espresso Con Pannas, with an exciting whipped cream flavor dominating their personalities. I suppose I would regard myself as a Ristretto, an initially intense brew, but not unpleasant to the taste. I like an undiluted raw version of life, with all its unusual mixes of flavors and aromas.

I look forward to meeting you and finding out your particular flavor. Regardless of what it is, I am certain we will blend together well. As long as you aren't a Frappe of course - I simply abhor Frappes!
melkorthefoul 13 / 31  
from a simple Americano to the more complicated Café Breva

Complicated isn't the right word there. I'd go for something like complex or rich

I don't follow normal convention of what coffee is supposed to be about.

This sentence could be better, more on the lines of "But I'm not your typical caffeine junkie"

Merge paragraphs 2 and 3, as well as 4 and 5

I love coffee. I love it any form

I simply abhor Frappes!

...and then you contradict yourself marvelously.

Well, its certainly you... lets see how the admin guys like it, eh?
OP Doom 13 / 37 2  
Haha, i love the "caffeine junkie" bit". Here it is again, albeit slightly edited.
carotene 2 / 6  
Funny! I like the idea :D

Read mine ?
saudalt 3 / 3  
its great and fresh i like the idea
ckrell 3 / 2  
Very original. Great essay and good luck getting into Stanford. I have to do something similar to this when i apply to Babson
moretolearn 2 / 4  
Very creative. Should give admission officers comic relief when considering applicants.

Home / Undergraduate / coffee -- Note to your Roommate -- Stanford essay question