Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Common app answer "Elaborate on one activity": the Bible Study teacher

luv4evr 9 / 8  
Hello, I need help on the commonapp short answer(see title for prompt)
I'm not sure if mine is in the write track / format / style, etc
Also, mine is 189 words, so I need to cut it down, but I don't know how :(
Could someone please help me?

For my entire lifetime, I have only been taught, and never taught anyone until I became the Bible Study teacher. Teaching the Bible to sixth and seventh graders is challenging, not only because of their endless talks, but also because of the sheer aspect of a student teaching other students. At Global Mission Methodist Church, I teach the Bible for middle school students every Sunday. My job is to lead the students to share their experiences based on the day's topic, and apprise them of the scripture and the message embedded in the Bible. One time, I met a restless student who never complied, even with his parents. Concerned and frustrated with his disobedience, I prayed for him and continued to help him to participate in class. One day after about three months, I asked him to pray for the youth group. Surprisingly, he said a brief yet meaningful prayer in front of the class. I learned that teaching with earnestness can change someone. This valuable experience taught me the importance of being sincere, and being a good role model, as well as the fulfilling reward of being a teacher.

Thank you!

Home / Undergraduate / Common app answer "Elaborate on one activity": the Bible Study teacher