Common app essay! "political science"

pacers7ind 11 / 25 2  
Describe your interest, their evolution, and what makes enthusiastic to you. How will you use our academic programs to further you interest in your field of study.

Its my first draft and I find second paragraph to be very weak!
Would someone give me ideas or suggestions?
I would greatly appreciate anyone's contributions
I don't think I make my aspirations as clear as I should
thank you in advance.

As product of generational poverty, I have inherited a unique perspective towards the world that have shaped my life and strengthened my commitment to improve the lives of others. I was in fourth grade when the 9/11 terrorist attacks occurred. It changed my view of the world from a wonderful place to the harsh realities of the world. At the same time, I began hearing of depression accounts, from poverty to murders. I have always wanted to improve the lives of many people as well as society, but I did not know how I would accomplish this. The question was how such consciousness would manifest itself into action.

My participation in the city of X student's government day opened up a new way of thinking. The first time I saw what goes on behind the big brown doors of city hall, I saw the most powerful people in the city of X and I was exposed to the power players in X. I realized that they play a larger role in the city. Those in city hall have the power to control the city's policies and create social change. I soon realized that with politics, it is possible to solve problems at the domestic, and international level. Soon I applied my knowledge of local politics on a larger scale. I would watch the new and try to formulate solutions to a domestic and global problem. The nature of politics on an international scale became a fascination to me and it had me realize that reactions and interactions of government could affect humanity. My ambition to become a politician dramatically increased when I would hear of such cases where politicians would be corrupt. I want to be a politician doing what a politician does and not stealing money. That is a problem of today society, some politicians do not think about their constituents , they rather cater to special interest. Issues like this hurt our cities and our country.

Ever since I realized these possibilities, I developed a deep and abiding love for politics. Politics is my form of communication and has made me an open minded individual. I express my opinions without any reservations, and I have learned that there are always different opinions and viewpoints contrary to my own. And with the knowledge of both view points, it is possible to formulate solutions to a problem.

With my active engagement in the political system, I hope to eventually play a role in dictating the principles at work behind the decisions in my community, state or country. The College of Y will allow me to enrich my knowledge in politics and government. The College of Y faculty includes national and international leaders in their respective disciplines which will allow me to learn from those with experience. The high-quality education in the School of Arts and Sciences would allow me to expand my interests and further explore related fields in government in a rural environment. Through government and politics, I will definitely take the path to fulfill my goal. I have no doubt that the students and faculty at Y University will contribute to my growth as an individual and politician. My purpose in life is to change the pattern of this world for the better inspire others.
...I have inherited a unique perspective towards the world that has shaped my life ...

It changed my view of the world, from being a wonderful place to one with harsh realities. of the world.

At the same time, I began hearing of depressing subjects , from poverty to murders.

I soon realized that with politics, it is possible to solve problems at the domestic, and international levels .

...became a fascination to me and made me realize that reactions and interactions of government could affect humanity.

Ever Since I realized these possibilities, I've developed a deep and abiding love for politics.

The high quality of education in the School of Arts and Sciences would allow me to expand my interests and further explore related fields in government in a rural environment.

My purpose in life is to change the pattern of this world for the better, and inspire others.

Home / Undergraduate / Common app essay! "political science"