'Continuing to excel' - FSU Essay - Vires

trewton 1 / -  
In order to be successful in life, I believe that strength in some form is required, whether it be moral, physical, or intellectual. All three of these forms of strength are reflected in my life in various ways. Firstly, I would like to say that my morals were given to me by my wonderful parents, who have guided me in the right direction when things have been rough. My moral strength is evident in my decision making everyday in which I follow my morals and ethics and make sure not to put myself in bad situations that could lead to trouble. It takes moral strength for me to continually deny my friends' invitations to parties; I know that illegal drinking will likely occur and I don't want to have anything to do with it. From a very young age I have always loved basketball, but have not always had the size to be the best. So, in order to have a better chance at competing, I developed a good three-point shot to become the best shooter on my team.

As a fourth-year basketball player for my high-school varsity team, it is evident that I have the physical strength to compete, but I feel it is important to mention that I participated in basketball knowing that I should focus most of my energy on my academic career. Throughout my life I have always excelled academically, never making below an A until my first B during the last nine weeks of eighth grade in science, in which I earned an 89.5. I plan on continuing to excel at Florida State University. Intellectual strength not only comes from the accumulation of knowledge a person has compiled, but also from that person's will to learn more. That is something I believe I have. By going to Stanton College Preparatory School, I have prepared myself for the rigors of a college course, and therefore will be up to the task of succeeding at Florida State University. The Latin word Vires is a perfect fit to describe me, because strength is a characteristic with many forms, all of which are clearly evident in my life. If I am accepted to Florida State University I will bring with me all of these attributes and more, in my quest to become as successful as possible.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
It looks like it answers the prompt efficiently. I would use the Latin word you wrote about in the essay though.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Continuing to excel' - FSU Essay - Vires