Cooking, for me, is like art. Common App Short Answer

jemma2011 4 / 19  
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities, personal activities or work experiences in the space below or on an attached sheet (150 words or fewer).

On Monday, I visited France. On Tuesday, I visited Morocco. On Wednesday, I visited Japan. On Thursday, I visited Italy. Every day of the week, I encounter a new culture, through my taste buds. The world's cuisine is such an interesting and exciting way to explore new boundaries. I love cooking, especially when it involves cooking new and unexpected things. Food can so easily transport you to so many dimensions. It can affect you emotionally, physically and mentally. Cooking, for me, is like art. The ingredients are the paints, the cooking utensils are the brushes and the plate is your empty canvas. When you paint, you leave the world around you and before you know it, you feel like you are inside the painting. The same thing happens to me when I cook. You start with nothing, but at the end, you finish up with a masterpiece.

Note:

The word count is 147 words.

Thanks again, in advance.
asianbaybay 1 / 10  
Its pretty good but i think your essay should stand out MORE! a hook for the begining! i know its really hard since its only 150 words but you can do it!!
Llamapoop123 7 / 442  
I don't know about this essay. I'm not sure if admissions would like an abstract view of cooking instead of a straightforward approach since it seems that they really just want to know about your activity.

a hook for the begining!

^I think that it has a very nice hook.
Moonshadow0302 - / 68  
IMO the essay works fine. Nice beginning, nice comparison between cooking and art.

Home / Undergraduate / Cooking, for me, is like art. Common App Short Answer