Cornell Supplement, School of Hotel Management

bananazzz 1 / 4  
Hello! Please comment or make improvements!!!

They will be appreciated!

Thanks!!!!

What work and non-work experiences, academic interests, and career goals influenced your decision to study hospitality management? How will these contribute to your success at the School of Hotel Administration? (max 500 words)

I was ten years old when my father first introduced me to the business world. After my daily sports practices he would bring me into an office of ringing telephones and black leather chairs. He was the entrepreneur and number one salesman of his own developed recruiting business. I watched how he managed his employees and happily catered to the needs of his clients. Each day I came to work with my father, I would find myself becoming more interested in business. These small acts of going to work with my father have influenced me to place myself in various leadership positions that have established my desire to pursue hotel management as a major.

My leadership skills can be traced back to various extracurricular activities, as candidate of the International Baccalaureate Program, member of the varsity soccer and varsity cross country team, captain of the varsity fencing team and president of the environmental club. I have developed leadership skills that taught me how to manage and motivate a group of people toward a common goal. These skills impressed the Human Resources Department of the City of Palmdale to employ me as a program leader at City of Palmdale's Dry Town Water Park. My primary job was to manage the program aides and catered to the high levels of customer service through telephone and person. I exercised my marketing, sales, and improvisations abilities through birthday parties and at the store, concessions, and front desk. I shadowed my manager and took note of how she managed the prestigious business. The ability to help customers, direct others, and simply put a smile on a clients face brought me warmth and that is exactly what I wish to pursue through Cornell's school of Hotel Management.

My job as a Keller Williams Realty executive assistant gave me awareness to budgets, revenue, and other financial fundamentals that applied to the requests of the client's hospitality. The job consisted of intricate and time-consuming paperwork that forced me to adhere to the corporate guidelines. I enjoyed the aspect of keeping a business establishment efficient and profitable by working through a team of workers. This experience of interacting with clients with specific home requirements inspired me to pursue a career that would cater to the needs of the general public.

The experience I have gained through being a program leader and executive assistant has solidified my interest to study hospitality management. With my enthusiastic approach to hospitality management and my diverse work experience, I know that I will reach my goals through Cornell's School of Hotel Administration. Cornell provides a superior hotel management program where I will be able to execute my strengths in hospitality through ideal internships, job opportunities at the Statler Hotel, and through the Statler's Leadership Development Program. Cornell's School of Hotel Administration is paramount in the academic and I would be honored to contribute to its legacy.
OP bananazzz 1 / 4  
Please Help with my essay! Any corrections or advise would surely make my day!

thank youuuu
I've developed leadership skills that have taught me how to manage and motivate a group of people toward a common goal.

My primary job was to manage the program aides and cater to the high levels of customer service over the telephone and in person .

I exercised my marketing, sales, and improvisational abilities through birthday parties at the store, concessions, and the front desk.

My job as a Keller Williams Realty executive assistant gave me an awareness of budgets, revenue, and other financial fundamentals that applied to the requests of the client's hospitality.

:)
mpatel246 3 / 5  
You essay is very good it flows nicely. It needs to be more alluring in the intro.
I really like how you end the essay ties it up reall nicely.
OP bananazzz 1 / 4  
Thank you for your help!

Home / Undergraduate / Cornell Supplement, School of Hotel Management