"our country's education is not top-notch" Common app- goals, reasons for transfering

waikin 3 / 10  
Guys what do you think? Please be brutally honest about it.

"You are fired!" That is the famous catchphrase from Donald Trump in the reality show "The Apprentice". I am number one fan of both Donald Trump and The Apprentice. I never missed an episode when it was aired in my country. Of course like most people, I most loved the ending of the episode which featured the firing of a contestant by Mr. Trump himself. The expression of the contestant after the firing is always priceless. Despite loving the sacking part, I am always amazed by the creativity of the marketing methods and management skills shown in the show. Even a simple task like selling lemonades requires a lot of planning to make it a successful endeavor. It requires the best location, best price and the best marketing for the product. I obtained a lot of knowledge and some laughter as well from that show and that inspired me to study business.

Despite loving my country to bits, I have to admit that our country's education is not top-notch, and that I need to study overseas in order to have a better education. So, where is the best place to study business? The answer is none other than United States; the superpower of business. The reason I want to study in American University is mainly because it is located in Washington Dc, the capitol of United States. It is the most important city in the United States and full of history and culture that I am eager to learn about. I am going to be an international student so one of my important criteria in a university is some help from the advisers or the counselors in a university; I am impressed by one of the videos in your website about the advisor is helping the students in adapting to a new environment or problems with their studies. Besides that, I prefer to study in a smaller class and your university is perfect for me when American University has almost 50% of classes with fewer than 20 students. On top of that, the main reason has to be academic. The Kogod School of Business in your university is one of the best business schools in United States.

I have made many good friends in Malaysia, and I have studied with some wonderful professors, but I want to challenge myself by experiencing places that I am not quite so familiar with. As my transcript shows, I have done pretty well and am convinced I can meet the academic challenges of American University. I know I would grow there, and your program perfectly matches my academic interests and professional goals.

*Thanks a lot for your help. Didn't realize there were so much grammar mistake in the essay. I am just wondering whether is it long enough? It stated 250 words minimum and I wrote a almost 500 words essay. I compare mine with others and their essay is so much longer than mine.
Eagerlearner 2 / 6  
"You are fired!" That is the famous catchphrase from Donald Trump in the reality show "The Apprentice". I am number one fan of both Donald Trump and The Apprentice. - I think it would be better to fuse these two sentences, or maybe rephrase the second sentence and try to look for a substitute for "Donald Trump and The Apprentice." Just my two cents. :) hope it helps...

Home / Undergraduate / "our country's education is not top-notch" Common app- goals, reasons for transfering