"No 7th cranial nerve" - Virus,Mores, Artes.

seminole1 1 / -  
Essay
The Latin words, "Vires, Artes, Mores" have been the guiding philosophy behind Florida State University. Vires signifies strength of all kinds - moral, physical, and intellectual; Artes alludes to the beauty of intellectual pursuits as exemplified in skill, craft, or art; and Mores refers to character, custom, or tradition. Describe how one or more of the values embodied in these concepts are reflected in your life.

When i was born, i didnt have the 7th cranial nerve. This causes you to have no feeling in parts of your face. Lucky for me, i only had a minor case. I am not able to show my teeth when i smile, i can not wrinkle my forhead, and i only have feeling in my right eyebrow. Growing up you could say as a child, was very difficult for me in school to be made fun of all the time. When i reached high school, things started to get better. Vires reflects in my life through all the times i was judged,made fun of because I never let it knock me down, i shined through it no matter what. I became a strong person through all kinds of Vires.

When it comes to horses, i have an unconditional love for them. Words can not express what they mean to me and how i can not live with out them in my life. My horse barbwire, was injured before i owned him personally. His right back foot got twisted in rope and cut up all the tissue in his hoof. So he walks on the tip of his hoof but you would never question he walked with a gimp. My horse made me the person i am today. He was is my barrel racing, pole bending, rodeo horse, you name it. He never let his bad leg effect him and stop him from doing anything. He always had so much heart just by looking deep in his eyes. My horse believe it or not, has taught me to always do what you love and never let anything stop you. I beilieve this is where my moral stength and character come from.

At my stay Florida State, i would not only live up to the testinmonial life of "vires,Artes and Mores", but i believe it will make them stronger for me.

- Positive and negative comments are welcomed :)
RyanVi16 12 / 91  
When i was born, i didnt have the 7th cranial nerve. This causes you to have no feeling in parts of your face

--> I was born without the 7th cranial nerve, which caused me to lose the sensation in parts of my face.

Lucky for me, i only had a minor case. I am not able to show my teeth when i smile, i can not wrinkle my forhead, and i only have feeling in my right eyebrow

--> Even with just a minor case, I am unable to show my teeth when I smile or wrinkle (another word?) my forehead. I can only move my right eyebrow.

Growing up you could say as a childwith such disability was very difficult for me in school to be made fun of all the timebecause of all the ridicules

Vires reflects in my life through all the times i was judgedjudgments and mockeries because I never let it knock me down; i shined through it (prevail, triumph over it, overcome it ) no matter what

I became a stronger person through all kinds of Vires .

When it comes to horses, i have an unconditional love for them

--> I have unconditional love for horses.
And try to connect this idea with the previous paragraph.

how i cannot live without them in my life

My horse barbwire, was injured before i owned him personally

--> My horse Barbwire ( I assume is a name), was injured before I own him.

So he walks on the tip of his hoof but you would never question he walked with a gimp

--> ?? I don't understand this sentence

My horse has made me to be the person i am today

He was is myinvolved in barrel racing, pole bending, rodeo horseyou name it

He never let his bad leg (infirmity ) a ffect him and stop him from doing any things

He always had so much heart just by looking deep in his eyes

--> I'm not entirely understand this sentence, but here my interpretation: His eyes reflected such passion that ________( try to fill in the blank lol)

My horse believe it or not,

--> need revision
my suggestion: During my enrollment at [insert university name], I believe the testimony of "Vires, Artes, and Mores" would help me to __________[insert how you can help the community]

Good Luck
Vires reflects in my life through all the times i was judged,made fun of because I never let it knock me down, i shined through it no matter what. I became a strong person through all kinds of Vires.

Tan Vi did a great job of thoroughly analyzing this essay! The part I want to comment on is the sentence above. First of all, "Vires is reflected..." (not "Vires reflects")

Vires is reflected in my life as personal strength I developed throughout all the times I was judged and made fun of because of my condition. I never let it knock me down, i and I shined through it no matter what. I became a strong person through all kinds of Vires. I became a strong person, because I had to figure out how to cope with adversity.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "No 7th cranial nerve" - Virus,Mores, Artes.