Critique My Family Trip Essay Idea (UC App Prompt)

baoom 1 / -  
Prompt: Describe the world you come from - for example, your family, community or school - and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.

For this essay, I was thinking that I would use family trips to Rome, the Philippines (mom's family) , and India (dad's family) and explain in each body paragraph how I grew/learned something from each of them and how these travels/my family have shaped me. Is this a good way to go about answering the essay prompt? I recently did a personal narrative essay where my English teacher stressed to the class to write about one topic. Would this essay be considered unfocused since I'm talking about 3 separate trips, and thus not be a good idea for the prompt?

I am currently typing this from my laptop which does not have a copy of the essay on it, so I cannot provide that at the moment. I will however edit it in when I get a chance to tonight. I only have the introduction done so far however, as I don't want to invest time in an essay if it turns out not to be a wise idea choice.
ge1992113 2 / 2  
I think it would be better if you could just focus on one trip, since the essay should only contain around 500 words.
Which trip inspired you the most? Maybe you could describe and analysis more deeply on it.

Home / Undergraduate / Critique My Family Trip Essay Idea (UC App Prompt)