Cultural Exchange and Quality of Education; "Global UGRAD Prog"- Why study in the US?

frank1992 3 / 5  
Please describe why you would like to study in the US. What past experiences have given you this motivation? How will studying on the Global Ugrad program help you learn about America? How will learning about the US influence your personal and professional goals for the future?

The limit should not exceed 1000 words

My passion to learn English was the result of my old teacher in school, who used to say: "Language is what can broaden your horizons". His classes stirred my interest and prompted me to study the language. For many years, I have been confused by the true meaning of his words. However, there was a day when my Mom was packing my travelling staff to USA. Since, I have been assured what he really meant and was trying to explain us in his classes. Frankly, the trip to states was short and fleeting, but full of explorations and excitement. Current days, I really miss the days spent in US, because they were a real challenge for me to feel myself independent and mature.

There are many reasons that motivate me to come back to US again. During my trip on my summer vocation, I missed out the moments to feel the sense of great holidays. For many years, I had a desire to celebrate the Thanksgiving Day in a way as it is supposed to be held. We still celebrate it with my family and friends, but it is too far from anything real. Most of the American holidays hold something special and unusual for me, because they are completely different from our own. I believe, despite many indications to the contrary, that one day I will attain my goal to experience the real culture of US.

However, the most important part is the cultural exchange and quality of education that I would like to discuss further. Today, I can say for sure that US is the culturally diverse as "melting pot", even sitting on a bus you can talk with Spaniard, ask for something the next person who is French and pay to a driver from Colombia. Variety is what makes this country as an ideal place to get better knowledge of mutual understanding. There is no doubt of popularity and well-established image of US colleges. It has become a sort of dream for me to experience the student life in an English-speaking country as an exchange student. Facing many different speaking interactions, listening to lectures and tutorials and having many hours of conversations with my future mates at school are all seductive messages to me, stuck on my island of English in the sea that is my home.

Based on my understanding, it is difficult to overestimate the help and support of the Global Ugrad program, which welcomes students globally in sharing their ideas, values and knowledge to achieve better mutual understanding. The given opportunity is the best way to understand the American history, culture, paradigms and principles by living and celebrating the holidays with a host family and making new friends at school. I can help to fulfill the goals of a program which is specifically designed to bring nations and different cultures together for mutual learning and better cooperation now and in the future.

Learning about US will have an undisputable impact on my future career and prospective job. As a student of MDIS at Banking and Finance faculty, I plan to work as a financier of Uzbekistan in the future. In my opinion, a year of independence far away from home will make me a far more confident, responsible and mature person than I am today. The type of interaction in a multicultural country with different people that I could experience there would help me to become immensely adaptable to the ever changing environment of the world. The everyday experience of face-to-face conversation at a college will make any individual become a more flexible and open-minded person. When it comes to my professional goals, there is no question whether the skills and experiences that I could receive from participating in Ugrad program would affect them. As I have understood the program is the best way to make a step to a diverse cultural interaction, it is a way to be aware of different type of personalities, norms and ideas which people value. As a result of cultural exchange and social interactions I will be more flexible in dealing with different people in my prospective career.

In light of all outcomes, I can say that learning about US is the way to broaden the professional outlook and shape personal skills that might be necessary in the future life. For me it is obvious that studying in US and knowing its culture is a strong push towards leading a professional and competent career back in my country.
...However, there was a day when my Mom was packing my travelling staffstuff? luggage? to USA. Since then, I have been assured what he really meant and was trying to explain us in his classes.

Frankly, the trip to states was short and fleeting, but full of explorations and excitement. Currently, I really miss the days spent in US, because they were a real challenge for me to feel myself being independent and mature.

..Facing many different speaking interactions, listening to lectures and tutorials and having many hours of conversations with my future mates at school are all seductive messages to me, stuck on my island of English in the sea that is my home... this last sentence is poetic and beautiful.

Very good. Your grammar isn't perfect but your English is excellent. I think you have structured this nicely and clearly illustrated your passions, hopes and dreams. I hope my revisions have been helpful.

Good luck!

Home / Undergraduate / Cultural Exchange and Quality of Education; "Global UGRAD Prog"- Why study in the US?