CULTURAL HISTORY; Denison - Personal experience with diversity

katev 18 / 120 24  
Denison values diversity in our college community. Please describe a personal experience that you have had with diversity, and tell us how it might inform your college experience. 500 characters. I'm at 877 characters currently. I don't know where to cut down, it's such a small limit! (Also, I know I say "culture" too much, trying to change it)

While there are a few cultural pieces lying around my home, my cultural background is not very prevalent. In fact, making my grandmother's Swedish meatballs is about as much as our family embraces our muddled heritage. It is this lack of a glaring cultural background, however, that has led me to search for more answers. I'll pester my father about our family crests or our Dutch heritage. My never-failing curiosity has led me to collect generations worth of cultural history.

I have found a fascination with the cultural history that I can discover through exploring diversity. Whether it is in opinions or cultures, I believe that everyone has their own form of diversity. Just by learning about the people who have shared my last name, I have come to love to explore diversity. I hope to continue my reaching out to diversity throughout my four years at Denison University.

**I have bolded the words/parts that aren't quite right or are too repetitive. Can anyone help me with this?
OP katev 18 / 120 24  
Update: 716 characters (not including possible additional sentence)
My cultural background is not very prevalent. In fact, making my grandmother's Swedish meatballs is about as much as our family embraces our muddled heritage. It is this lack of a glaring cultural background, however, that has led me to search for more answers. I'll pester my father about our family crests or our Dutch heritage. My never-failing curiosity has led me to collect generations worth of cultural history.

Whether it is in cultures or opinions, I believe that everyone has their own form of diversity. Just by learning about the people who have shared my last name, I have come to love to explore diversity. I hope to continue my reaching out to diversity throughout my four years at Denison University.

**I want to include this sentence**: I have been learning all about my family history for years and I hope to learn about my fellow Denisonites for four years.

Home / Undergraduate / CULTURAL HISTORY; Denison - Personal experience with diversity