Home / Undergraduate   % width   Posts: 2

Curiosity about foreign countries. I think there are negative impacts of tourism.

Time 1 / -  
Topic: Some people say that tourism has many negative effects on the countries that people travel to. How true is this statement? What can tourism do to reduce the harmful effects of tourism on local cultures and environments?

It is likely that people have the curiosity about foreign countries. Nowadays, there are thousands of visitors come to a welcomed country. they bring a lot of economic and social benefits to this country, but beside the positive effects, there are also some negative impacts of tourism on local cultures and environments.

The augment of travellers of a country seems never stop. There are so many people in a city and this leads to overcrowding, heavy congestion and lack of accomodations. Then the citizens can't receive the best service and they may feel "suffocant". Local traders think they can earn more money from foreigns, so they sell the products with high prices. Next, the country's environment can be harmed, habitat loss, poisonous water, polluted beaches, higher possibility of forest fires. They will cut down trees to build hotels and resorts, expand the tourist facilities and so on. For individuals, travellers seems not to be respectful on foreign envionments. They litter, spit on street, and smoke in public places. Tourism also effects on the local culture. If there are many foreigners in a place, the local people may copy the way foreigners live, then the traditional customs and the culture in local area may be lost, tourism also cause drugs and alcohol problems, prostitution and increasingly criminal activities.

It is neccessary to think about solutions. Visitors should plan their trip carefully to avoid overcrowding. They should show their respect to local people, keep the street clean, enjoy the basic life of locals. They should change their mind and study the tradition of where they stay.

In conclusion, i believe tourism is good for everyone. However, we still have to think about how to reduce unwanted impacts of tourist behaviour.

Lola12 10 / 9  
Nowadays, there are thousands of visitors come to a welcomed country. - review this sentence - it sounds really weird.

The augment of travellers of a country seems never stop - The increase of people, who prefer to go abroad for their vacations, seems like it will never going to end.

There are so many people in a city and this leads to ... ----- There are so many people, who live in the cities and this cause a lot of problems, like overcrowding, heavy congestion and lack of accomodations.

so they sell the products with high prices. - so they decide to charge higher fees for their products or decide to increase the prices of their products.

Home / Undergraduate / Curiosity about foreign countries. I think there are negative impacts of tourism.
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: