"'curious and open' - Why Emory

geo20040334 1 / 2  
I find Emory University a particular good match for me because of its diversity and its rich resources. Once I utilize them fully and wisely, my future will be a promising one. Emory University has its distinctive small classes for undergraduates which is similar to those provided by liberal arts colleges. Receiving much attention from professors and cooperating with people around is what I long for and desire.

I define myself 'curious and open', a boy ready and willing to explore new things and encounter elites from all over the world. When I searched carefully on-line which university fits my future development and ideal, the name 'Emory' immediately drew my attention. Emory University is as academically prestigious as culturally diversified. I am confident that in such a wonderful and challenging atmosphere, I will bring an instrumental contribution to the campus.

Another reason which leads me to choose Emory is its famous Goizueta Business School. I was raised up with good care and moral education from my parents, who both work in a bank. Since young, I have heard and realized the power of knowledge of finance and economics in contribution to my growth and future career development as my dad intended to direct me up to the road to become a banker. Business seems to be an absolute and natural choice for me. Studying in Emory will definitely provide solid knowledge for my better career development. To sum up, Emory is just the perfect school I want to attend.
OP geo20040334 1 / 2  
geo20040334
Well, my essay mainly focuses on introducing Emory as a whole, should I add some specific and solid examples which make the entire essay more coherent? Any suggestions is favored!
pcvrz34g 22 / 117  
should I add some specific and solid examples which make the entire essay more coherent?

My sister was accepted to Emory. For this specific question, I recommend definitely adding some specifics such as the events they have that you're interested in, the professors whom you'd like to work with, the traditions emory holds annually. The point of this essay is to see if you really know what Emory is and that you know what to expect out of it. Much of the things you've listed seem somewhat... trite.

That paragraph can be taken out. it sounds good but says nothing that they want to hear.

find Emory University a particular good match for me because of its diversity and its rich resources. Once I utilize them fully and wisely, my future will be a promising one. Emory University has its distinctive small classes for undergraduates which is similar to those provided by liberal arts colleges. Receiving much attention from professors and cooperating with people around is what I long for and desire.

i'd say extend on this. research and look into what Emory is.

best of luck!
OP geo20040334 1 / 2  
Thanks! These really helps me a lot and now I am much more lucid on how to improve it.

Home / Undergraduate / "'curious and open' - Why Emory